Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hook Some Bass Lures

Does anyone know what's going on with these guys. Really like their products,but having a hard time finding anyone that still stocks them. They all say they aren't able to talk to anyone there to reorder.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hook Some Bass Lures

I heard they were sold to a competitor that pretty much stopped producing the name as to help their own brand. I love their Brush Hounds and spinnerbaits. Watermelon Red Hood Some Bass Baby Brush Hound in the spring time Texas rigged with tungsten sinker chart dip n died tail at Ky Lake is pretty hard to beat. I knew a couple of years ago when more and more the peg hooks were more and more empty around Ky Lake that it would not be long before they closed up shop. I have some where around 50 bags of Watermelon Red and would not take $10 a bag for them. I also have several of their Green Glimmer and Blue Glimmer spinnerbaits that I LOVE.

Post Thanks / Like

If you are wanting some soft plastics, you may look into Charmer Baits. I really like their stuff and have used it in the past. I met Charlie Hardin, owner, one time at a BBC rally a couple of years back and he gave me several packs of their products to use and I really like them. Have bought numerous of their products since with very good success. Charlie is a grade A class act. To tell you the kind of guy he is, he dropped everything to help Dave Stewart tow a buddy of mine to safety after his motor konked out on him in the canal at Ky Lake. Both Dave and Charlie were on the phone when my buddy called Dave, Dave kicked over to talk to my buddy who was looking for some help and when Dave said he would come and get him - Charlie volunteered to come along to help. Speaks for both guys when 2 fellas sitting in the comforts of their own homes go out of their way to launch and pick up a stranded fisherman.

Post Thanks / Like

i THink slongs bought them out. but i'm not sure. slongs spinnerbaits are the same as the hook some BASS ONES

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dt16 View Post
    i THink slongs bought them out. but i'm not sure. slongs spinnerbaits are the same as the hook some BASS ONES
    I thought it was Slongs, but was not sure. I know Sean Long is a class act as well. Both Slongs and Charmers sponsored the UK Bass team and are very reputable businesses.

Post Thanks / Like

elnutsmalljaws
    you would not like to sell some of the blue glimmer spinnerbaits, would you??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redranger View Post
    elnutsmalljaws
    you would not like to sell some of the blue glimmer spinnerbaits, would you??
    NEVER, don't get to fish very much so when I do I need all the advantage that I can to put 1 or 2 in the boat. Love the Blue Glimmer and Green Glimmer at Ky and Barkley in the spring. Blue Glimmer or Green Glimmer on 1 rod, Norman Tropical Shad Crankbait on another and a couple of Texas Rigged Hook Some Bass Watermelon Red Brush Hounds with 1/4oz and 3/8oz Tungsten is pretty much all I need for the spring at Ky and Barkley

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NX750 View Post
    Does anyone know what's going on with these guys. Really like their products,but having a hard time finding anyone that still stocks them. They all say they aren't able to talk to anyone there to reorder.
    Hook Some Bass Lures is still in business. The Cabin has not made an order in a while. If you would to order any products, you can call Marty Mullins at (606)875-0366. They have been a loyal sponsor for Fishers of Men for years and they make some great products. Several of our tournaments have been won with HSB spinnerbaits as well as the jigs and plastics.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Joel I think I will try and give them a call and see if I can put in an order.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joel_FOM View Post
    Hook Some Bass Lures is still in business. The Cabin has not made an order in a while. If you would to order any products, you can call Marty Mullins at (606)875-0366. They have been a loyal sponsor for Fishers of Men for years and they make some great products. Several of our tournaments have been won with HSB spinnerbaits as well as the jigs and plastics.
    Are they still using the same process on all their plastics, such as boiling their plastics in the garlic scent or is it same name different processes?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elnutsmalljaws View Post
    Are they still using the same process on all their plastics, such as boiling their plastics in the garlic scent or is it same name different processes?
    Sorry for the delay. I am out of town and haven't been on line. The plastics still reek of that special scent. But I would call and ask about the process.