Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Etiquette

Post Thanks / Like

Lake Etiquette

I know there have been a ton of posts on lake etiquette in the past, but this after fishing NRL this Saturday, I have to vent...

What is with the pleasure boaters putting off 6 foot waves coming into a creek, passsing only yards from you when it is obvious that you are fishing? And then, they all look at you and wave like "hi....hope you capsize and the fishing is terrible for the next 15 minutes!". Then to only turn around a few yards into the creek and blow back by you in the same manner! That is what the main lake is for IMO. And its not only the pleasure boaters....I several guys cut me right off on the bank I was fishing. One time, I was right at a point, and this guy trolled across the creek and right in front of me casting his CB right at me! Then proceeded to try and shoot the breeze with me as he cut me off....what in the world!!? This Saturday really made me appreciate working weekends and fishing during the week. Some real bozos out there on the weekends!

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lake Etiquette

Quote Originally Posted by RICHYD4U View Post
    I know there have been a ton of posts on lake etiquette in the past, but this after fishing NRL this Saturday, I have to vent...

What is with the pleasure boaters putting off 6 foot waves coming into a creek, passsing only yards from you when it is obvious that you are fishing? And then, they all look at you and wave like "hi....hope you capsize and the fishing is terrible for the next 15 minutes!". Then to only turn around a few yards into the creek and blow back by you in the same manner! That is what the main lake is for IMO. And its not only the pleasure boaters....I several guys cut me right off on the bank I was fishing. One time, I was right at a point, and this guy trolled across the creek and right in front of me casting his CB right at me! Then proceeded to try and shoot the breeze with me as he cut me off....what in the world!!? This Saturday really made me appreciate working weekends and fishing during the week. Some real bozos out there on the weekends!

-Rich
    That is the group of people that is also referred to as "THE OHIO NAVY "

"NUFF SAID"

Post Thanks / Like

I know the feeling. I do not want to start any more rants but what about the scenes you see at the boat ramp. LOL!!!! Sometimes you wander if you will ever get in or out. Let me block the ramp and load the boat and pack what we need for they day while everyone watches. LOL!!!! Totally amazing at times.

Post Thanks / Like

Since I retired I avoid week end fishing. When I worked I had one 4 day weekend a month, that was family time till monday and tuesday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mtn lures View Post
    I know the feeling. I do not want to start any more rants but what about the scenes you see at the boat ramp. LOL!!!! Sometimes you wander if you will ever get in or out. Let me block the ramp and load the boat and pack what we need for they day while everyone watches. LOL!!!! Totally amazing at times.
    Seriously! I watched a guy sit at the ramp at NRL for nearly 30 min piddling around while there was five boats waiting to launch! Finally, some guy came down from one of the waiting boats and had a few words with him. He then launched quickly, lol. Some people....

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Won't be able to blame that type of activity on the state of Ohio when in Utah. Correct?

Post Thanks / Like

If you think you have seen it all, take a trip to Cedar Creek!!!

Billy

Post Thanks / Like

Rich you are a good size boy, just pick up that boat and truck and move it out of your way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zx150 View Post
    Rich you are a good size boy, just pick up that boat and truck and move it out of your way.
    Haha...I thought about it, but unfortunately, I was still on the water. You wonder if some people just exist in their own worlds, totally oblivious to everyone else in the real world?

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Had the same stuff happen back in a creek at Green River Lake today. Those wake machines churn in, turn around and churn out like they could care less; and they don't. We had water wash over the back of the boat before my partner could turn into the wave. Bunch of jacklegs

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Since they are responsible for wake damage, an option would be to jot down the bow number and call them in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANEBOB View Post
    Since they are responsible for wake damage, an option would be to jot down the bow number and call them in.
    Not a bad idea....one of the massive wakes from a cruiser that came flying into the creek cause my boat to crash onto a verticle tree stickup...ticked me off!

-Rich