Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

guntersville this fall

Just booked my trip to guntersville this fall. Will be leaving sept. 30th and fishing a couple days. Has anyone on here been down there this time of year. I always go in the early spring and this is my first fall trip and don't really know what to expect and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: guntersville this fall

It can be feast or famine that time of year. Matted grass is usually a go to with frogs you can also find the fish schooled in open water following the shad and if so a sammy is hard to beat. Good luck , Jarrod

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Swift1 - that time frame it can be feast or famine - it seems to depend on water temps and how long the heat of the summer lasts down there. We genearlly go the third week of October and get into them pretty good. Top water baits are great - frogs, rats, spooks, etc. I've never seen bass bust top water baits like they do down there!! Good luck and let us know how you do.

Post Thanks / Like

I grew up in Huntsville and we fished G-ville all the time. Until the grass breaks up it's a matter of trying a lot of different things until (or if) you find something that works. We would usually try for some type of reaction bite. Dad always said to just agravate them till they get mad enough to bite something. He'd say there's nothing meaner than a ticked off alabama bass. My brother who has his own guide service in central Bama and does quite well in a tournament circuit always wants a tropical storm to move upstate in the fall. He says the rain and wind will break up the grass and cool the water down and it'll be game on. (with a lot of happy clients of course) Good luck and I hope you slay-em.