Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brooktrout

Post Thanks / Like

Brooktrout

Is anyone catching any book trout in wolf creek ? Or know how they are doing?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Brooktrout

Chad, I talked to someone who told me that when the water levels were good earlier that some were being caught. I also heard that some folks were keeping them thinking they were rainbows (how you make that mistake is beyond me). Not sure how they are doing now, I haven't been to the Cumberland yet this year.

I take it from your screen name you fish Rock Creek a lot. How has it been fishing this year? I would like to get down there this fall. I have not fished it in years, but it is where I saw my one and only Kentucky black bear.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it a brook trout they planted on the CR...or some brook hybrid? I had heard people refer to them as hybrid brook trout other places....was wondering if it is the same Tiger trout hybrid that they stock out west.

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Brooktrout

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    Chad, I talked to someone who told me that when the water levels were good earlier that some were being caught. I also heard that some folks were keeping them thinking they were rainbows (how you make that mistake is beyond me). Not sure how they are doing now, I haven't been to the Cumberland yet this year.

I take it from your screen name you fish Rock Creek a lot. How has it been fishing this year? I would like to get down there this fall. I have not fished it in years, but it is where I saw my one and only Kentucky black bear.
    Tim I have been fishing rock creek for 25 years and love it best time is fall!! It holds some nice fish!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We had two brook trout last weekend at the dam!! they looked in very good shape, both was about 12ins long and fat..

Post Thanks / Like

That's soooo sweet !!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a pic of two 20in plus brown trout on the photo board. We did keep them. Only reason is cause the hook was deep on both fish to let go!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Brooktrout

20in is a nice fish!!! Before the dam work we would have days of maybe 4 to 8 browns 20 to 25in range and a lot of RB in that range!!! 35 fish day! How long do you all think it will take the river to come back? Or will it? Not done well the last 2 years!! I love that river!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Brooktrout

Yes, The Brook Trout / Hybrids are doing great ! We catch a few every time We go out ! Recently caught one that was 13.5" long. They have to be 15" to keep ! I estimate By Fall they will be Keepers ! But I am told that You can only keep 1 per Day !

I am sure they are getting hauled out of here daily by people that either do not know , Or simply do not care !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Fish View Post
    Yes, The Brook Trout / Hybrids are doing great ! We catch a few every time We go out ! Recently caught one that was 13.5" long. They have to be 15" to keep ! I estimate By Fall they will be Keepers ! But I am told that You can only keep 1 per Day !

I am sure they are getting hauled out of here daily by people that either do not know , Or simply do not care !
    WTG Rocky! I can guarantee people are putting those brookies on their stringers and hauling them away. KDFWR needs to really stay on top of people there around the dam to ensure that they are being taken out, and if they are....slap a big ol ticket on them sobs!

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Brooktrout

Quote Originally Posted by RICHYD4U View Post
    WTG Rocky! I can guarantee people are putting those brookies on their stringers and hauling them away. KDFWR needs to really stay on top of people there around the dam to ensure that they are being taken out, and if they are....slap a big ol ticket on them sobs!

-Rich
    Yep, I heard that they are going to install a hidden camera at the cleaning Station !!! That would pay for itself in a Hurry !!!

Really Sad that it has to come to that ! Most Bait Chunkers just cannot be Trusted to follow the Rules !!!