Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hybrids at Barren

Just wondering if the hybrids were in the jumps at Barren. I know they are at Rough, but if they are at Barren i would rather go there friday for the bigger bite.. If anyone has any scoop on that it would be greatly appreciated....Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hybrids at Barren

Really?? Noone knows what the hybrids are doin there?

Post Thanks / Like

Aparentally no one has been fishing for them, I live here and have heard no reports, also you last post the way it was worded, REALLY?????, seemed a little pissy to me and probally others, if no one replies then no one has any info at this time. You can get a lot of tips here on this board but you also must not seem like a smart***, like your second post did. not a good way to get info on here.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay here's what I got. I was down there last tues thru fri.I had my boys with me ages 7 and 9. They got thier first trolling lesson. . We basically caught them really good. We used a dt 16 in front of a #12 pet spoon. About 4 ft of leader. We trolled at 3 mph. We fished around the islands and in front of baileys. We fished early and late only an h our or to at a time. We had 12 one nite and 8 or 10 a couple of times. On evening we only caught 4 but they were pigs!!prolly had a 7 lb average.my 2 boys caught them all. As for jumps,yes we saw jumps. Not every time out but most. I just couldnt keep the boys on them. The one time we did my 7 yo caught a 3 lb largemouth.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by creekrock View Post
    Okay here's what I got. I was down there last tues thru fri.I had my boys with me ages 7 and 9. They got thier first trolling lesson. . We basically caught them really good. We used a dt 16 in front of a #12 pet spoon. About 4 ft of leader. We trolled at 3 mph. We fished around the islands and in front of baileys. We fished early and late only an h our or to at a time. We had 12 one nite and 8 or 10 a couple of times. On evening we only caught 4 but they were pigs!!prolly had a 7 lb average.my 2 boys caught them all. As for jumps,yes we saw jumps. Not every time out but most. I just couldnt keep the boys on them. The one time we did my 7 yo caught a 3 lb largemouth.
    We had about the same kind of luck last week trolling red fins with pet spoon trailers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by greenriverman1 View Post
    We had about the same kind of luck last week trolling red fins with pet spoon trailers.
    Tell me about these red fins. The rapala dt 16 cost 8 bucks. I lost 2 last week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by creekrock View Post
    Tell me about these red fins. The rapala dt 16 cost 8 bucks. I lost 2 last week.
    Red fins are about 7-8 bucks at Ranger Bob's. I think they run about the same depth as the dt16. The silver ones seam to do best for me.

Have fun and be safe

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I have a fat free shad that says it runs 14-18 feet. I haven't tried one yet though. I like the shad type colors too.