Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

DOGWOOD - Anyone Been?

Can anyone confirm that the bouy markers for the main channel were removed? I know there was talk earlier in April when they lifted the 10HP restriction and went to 10MPH. I'd like to go there but won't if the markers were removed.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DOGWOOD - Anyone Been?

I can't tell you for sure, but had a neighbor who fishes up there quite often say that he went in May and they were gone, and the lake was CROWDED. Dont' think you'll fight too many crowds in this heat.

Post Thanks / Like

The bouy markers are gone it is hard to boat thru it with out hitting at least one or two stumps.

Post Thanks / Like

We go down annually in either late September or early October. I simply can't imagine the thought process to make such a poor decision?? I guess they want to give the local and regional motor shops plenty of business. You're going to see lots of folks lose their motors on that lake now. What a boneheaded move.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redearhoosier View Post
    We go down annually in either late September or early October. I simply can't imagine the thought process to make such a poor decision?? I guess they want to give the local and regional motor shops plenty of business. You're going to see lots of folks lose their motors on that lake now. What a boneheaded move.
    Agreed 100 percent.

Post Thanks / Like

I called Glendale and they told me the buoys were pulled because they were not accurate to begin with and needed to be reset. Once pulled up and all the rain came and raised the lake and then they needed the lake levels to go down. Now they lost a couple off their staff and very shorthanded. They said by all means they plan to have buoys out their for boaters safety. They said be patient, the buoys will return.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Hunter View Post
    I called Glendale and they told me the buoys were pulled because they were not accurate to begin with and needed to be reset. Once pulled up and all the rain came and raised the lake and then they needed the lake levels to go down. Now they lost a couple off their staff and very shorthanded. They said by all means they plan to have buoys out their for boaters safety. They said be patient, the buoys will return.
    Yea I heard the same story in early May .You would think if they were shorthanded that they would let them hire somebody. With the unemployment rate being so high you wouldn't think it would be hard to find somebody.

Post Thanks / Like

Daniels is a joke, I don't care if he leased the road up North or sold it, it's obviously a bad move for a lot of Hoosiers...not to mention commercial truck drivers. If it cost more money to travel the road now than it did before, everyone has a right to be pissed at Daniels.

Talking about our DNR, it certainly does fall back on the head man, like it or not. Like I said above, Daniel's original intentions to cut the fat from the steak were fine and dandy, but now he's cutting good meat off and lots of folks are starving because of it.

Indiana has a surplus because Mitch has sold EVERYTHING to create the false appearance we're doing well. Having a budget surplus doesn't tell the entire story, not by a long shot.

I'm an independent voter and generally I prefer to vote Republican in the big races, Gov, Senators, Reps, President etc., so I'm not some left wing nut. I just don't care for many of the things Daniels has done. And yes, I do blame Daniels for the lack of amenities at many DNR lakes and reservoirs I frequent. He's the head man in this state, the buck stops with him, he gets credit for good things and should get hell for bad things.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redearhoosier View Post
    Daniels is a joke, I don't care if he leased the road up North or sold it, it's obviously a bad move for a lot of Hoosiers...not to mention commercial truck drivers. If it cost more money to travel the road now than it did before, everyone has a right to be pissed at Daniels.

Talking about our DNR, it certainly does fall back on the head man, like it or not. Like I said above, Daniel's original intentions to cut the fat from the steak were fine and dandy, but now he's cutting good meat off and lots of folks are starving because of it.

Indiana has a surplus because Mitch has sold EVERYTHING to create the false appearance we're doing well. Having a budget surplus doesn't tell the entire story, not by a long shot.

I'm an independent voter and generally I prefer to vote Republican in the big races, Gov, Senators, Reps, President etc., so I'm not some left wing nut. I just don't care for many of the things Daniels has done. And yes, I do blame Daniels for the lack of amenities at many DNR lakes and reservoirs I frequent. He's the head man in this state, the buck stops with him, he gets credit for good things and should get hell for bad things.

Geez, did you email him and ask him to put the bouys back? Does anyone really think if a property manager wanted to get something as simple as that done they couldn't make it happen?

Post Thanks / Like

They are so short handed there the manager was cutting grass there in May in the campground . What a joke.