Search Fishin.com

Thread: floyd's fork

Post Thanks / Like

floyd's fork

I was just wondering if there were any good spots to fish in some creeks along floyd's fork out by Taylorsville or close to the Gene Snyder?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: floyd's fork

I've been researching this myself, but unfortunately I never have time to fish, so what I've learned has not yet been put into practice.

If you do a forum search on "floyd's fork" you'll see a few good threads on it.

Floyd's Fork Park is not far off Taylorsville Road, and you can access it there. There's also Miles Park off Shelbyville Road, not far at all from the Gene Snyder.

I have been really, really itching to go, but work and home life (and the heat!) are making me bide my time. I've been fishing twice this year, and I hope I can get out a couple more times before the end of summer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by porkfail View Post
    I was just wondering if there were any good spots to fish in some creeks along floyd's fork out by Taylorsville or close to the Gene Snyder?
    Are you wading, shore fishing or in a kayak or canoe?

I know two parks that you can fish near; Floyd Fork Park off Taylorsville Rd and Miles Park off Shelbyville Road. You can paddle from Miles Park to Floyds Fork Park; there are places to put in or land at both parks. I don't know if there is another publc ramp yet anywhere else along the creek.

If you just paddle; it is about 3-4 hours paddling from Miles to Floyds Fork park. If you fish also; it is longer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by publican57 View Post
    Are you wading, shore fishing or in a kayak or canoe?

I know two parks that you can fish near; Floyd Fork Park off Taylorsville Rd and Miles Park off Shelbyville Road. You can paddle from Miles Park to Floyds Fork Park; there are places to put in or land at both parks. I don't know if there is another publc ramp yet anywhere else along the creek.

If you just paddle; it is about 3-4 hours paddling from Miles to Floyds Fork park. If you fish also; it is longer.

I'll just be fishing from the shore. SO if I go to Floyd's Fork Park will it be easy to find a good spot to fish from?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes. I've seen people fishing from shore just upstream from the canoe ramp, and other areas around the park.

Post Thanks / Like

I've rafted down Floyd's Fork twice, starting at the Taylorsville Road entrance and ending at a bridge that goes over it at Cedar Creek Road. In some of the secluded spots, I have seen large smallmouth bass. However, be careful, as the stream has very dangerous bacteria in it. A friend of mine had to go to the emergency room due to contracting cellulitis from the stream, and I picked up an infection myself.

Post Thanks / Like

The fishing is no good there.. You don't want to go...The fish there only bite my line.

Post Thanks / Like

I catch fish there often, but dont waste your time if it has recently rained, you wont catch anything. You can get in and wade off Seatonville Rd. I've caught multiple 4lb smallmouth within a 1/4 walk up/down stream of the bridge. Dont go if you don't want to wade, though. The weeds are over 8 feet tall and almost impossible to walk through this time of the year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bplgocards View Post
    I catch fish there often, but dont waste your time if it has recently rained, you wont catch anything. You can get in and wade off Seatonville Rd. I've caught multiple 4lb smallmouth within a 1/4 walk up/down stream of the bridge. Dont go if you don't want to wade, though. The weeds are over 8 feet tall and almost impossible to walk through this time of the year.
    Totally agree that you don't want to fish right after it rains. It muddies the water too much. You are okay to go during these popcorn showers though; that cools and oxyengenates (spellcheck) the water.

If you have a good rain; wait two or three days for the water to clear.