Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Flat tax and retirees

Here's my take on the "flat tax".

I'm no longer in the work force, thus I no longer receive a check. That means that taxes are not held out of my non check.

The monies I have are what I managed to save after I've already paid state and Federal taxes. So now comes a flat tax on all goods and services that I'm now paying with monies that have already been taxed.

****, that sure seems to me like a double or triple taxation on my original monies.

Screw the old people, they won't be alive much longer anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Flat tax and retirees

tyme, I feel your pain.But one thing we have that they cant take away from us[besides arthritis pain]is fond memorys, but I cant remember what they were.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flat tax and retirees

Let's all sing together.....Taxes in the morning, taxes in the evening, ain't we got fun!!

Hey if ALL the idiots on the hill can't come to an agreement on the country's debt problems and the government has to shut down, surely that means every stinkin' rottin' politician on BOTH sides will go without pay during the shut down....right?????

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chubminnow View Post
    Let's all sing together.....Taxes in the morning, taxes in the evening, ain't we got fun!!

Hey if ALL the idiots on the hill can't come to an agreement on the country's debt problems and the government has to shut down, surely that means every stinkin' rottin' politician on BOTH sides will go without pay during the shut down....right?????

Unfortuneately they will suspend SS checks, tax refund checks, road maintenence work and payments, military pay and just about everything else before they suspend thier pay.

Heck they will be so proud of what they have done they will probably vote themselves a raise.

Post Thanks / Like

I see your point, but even those still in the workforce would be paying the flat tax with money that was already taxed unless they have absolutely no savings.

Post Thanks / Like

I misspoke. What I meant was replacing our current income tax with a Value Added Tax.

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Re: Flat tax and retirees

There has been talk about the VAT taxes for awhile. So who will pay the brunt of it?If its on food and drugs, the folks who can least afford it. Why not on yachts, high end impoted cars[imported], the lawyers are already working on a system to circumvent some luxoury items, you can bet on it. The vat is used in some other countrys,Now lets see what would the VAT be on a stealth fighter bomber? oh those are not taxed! Cruise missle? not taxed!Brand new super sized passenger jet? leased from another country. no tax.And on and on.

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tyme2fish View Post
    I misspoke. What I meant was replacing our current income tax with a Value Added Tax.
    I would support VAT. My boss tells me all the time "Idon't bring any value to the operation". So I guess I'd be tax-free, right?