Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Roger Clemens mistrial

So let's spend MILLIONS in taxpayers money to get Clemens to trial only to have the Bonehead prosecution show inadmissible evidence for the SECOND time. Now there will be another hearing on Sept 2 to determine if there will be another trial, WHO CARES!!!! Don't we have way more important things wrong in our country to throw more money at prosecuting a baseball player on whether he used performance enhancing drugs or not?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Roger Clemens mistrial

Quote Originally Posted by elnutsmalljaws View Post
    So let's spend MILLIONS in taxpayers money to get Clemens to trial only to have the Bonehead prosecution show inadmissible evidence for the SECOND time. Now there will be another hearing on Sept 2 to determine if there will be another trial, WHO CARES!!!! Don't we have way more important things wrong in our country to throw more money at prosecuting a baseball player on whether he used performance enhancing drugs or not?
    I have never agreed with this bunk of having Congressmen involved with sports. So instead of tackling real problems that affect millions of folks around this country they are gonna have fun with sports figures.
    If the commissioner of any sports makes the rules then he should enforce them. It's sports nothing more. Jmho

Post Thanks / Like

This and the Bonds charges are riduclous. It is not with the governments time. "Well, they lied to Congress" big stinking deal!!! Congress lies to us every single day! If you have to pursue this, then slap them on the wrist with a probabtion or something and move on. It is not like they were lying to Congress about selling military secrets or something like that for pete's sake. I personally could care less if every single sport is juicing,

Post Thanks / Like

Well here I go, posting my I......! Did I say that? Guess I did, where in the Hey day did the government get granted the RIGHT to get involved in SPORTS. I have many more questions, but best they are left unanswered, guess I'll just be content to be PO, , But what the heck are are our elected/appointed government reps/ (sorry did not mean to insert a joke here) ....Hee..He, so , with all the Nations Problems, they need to spend their TIME and our TAX MONEY ON BASEBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Now lets see if I get this right. Its against the law to lie to congress? Isn't it against the law for congress to lie to us? So athletes are supposed to tell the truth, owners nah! Advertisers? nah.Its all bull spit.No more trials, he was a user, so what.He will pay for it later in life, by ruined reputatation, and possible health and mental trouble.

Post Thanks / Like

Congress should not be holding hearings on steroids in baseball in the first place - I'm with you there, 100%.

Someone who lies to Congress, under oath, about ANYTHING, should not be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law? Sorry, you lost me there.

Here's an interesting little factoid (or maybe you won't find it interesting, but I did): If you are called to testify before Congress, even if you haven't been sworn in, you are considered to be under oath, and can be prosecuted for lying.

Post Thanks / Like

We have reached a sad point where the Foxes are watching the Henhouse. They swoop in and take whatever they want whenever they want and we pay them for this???
    This has to change but I personally don't see how any of it can change and I see it getting worse before it gets better.
    Before long we will have gubment reps sitting in on little league world series trials!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RoadToad View Post
    Congress should not be holding hearings on steroids in baseball in the first place - I'm with you there, 100%.

Someone who lies to Congress, under oath, about ANYTHING, should not be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law? Sorry, you lost me there.

Here's an interesting little factoid (or maybe you won't find it interesting, but I did): If you are called to testify before Congress, even if you haven't been sworn in, you are considered to be under oath, and can be prosecuted for lying.
    Yes because if you used 'roids to add 5 MPH to your fastball and lied about it is VERY IMPORTANT in this day and age. Sorry, this is a non issue, slap them on the wrist and go on to more important things.

Post Thanks / Like

This guy put his hand on a Bible and swore to tell the truth to Congress, then lied through his teeth. You guys don't have a problem with that? OK, I won't belabor the point. I just don't understand.

Post Thanks / Like

At one time 48% of the married population swore before god about something called "till death us do part".How'd that work out?The bible is not a lie detector, or an instrument of punishment, so forget using the book as a measure of sinceraty.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RoadToad View Post
    This guy put his hand on a Bible and swore to tell the truth to Congress, then lied through his teeth. You guys don't have a problem with that? OK, I won't belabor the point. I just don't understand.
    I do have a problem with it, give him some punishment like probation or a fine and move on. I would have more of a problem with it, if he had lied ABOUT SOMETHING IMPORTANT that actually should be of concern to Congress. Somebody lying about national security concerns me, a guy improving his breaking ball through the use of chemicals does not!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    I do have a problem with it, give him some punishment like probation or a fine and move on.
    Well, we can't do that until he's proven guilty. And since he won't plead guilty, I guess we have to have trial, don't we?