Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    HURRICANEBOB Guest

Nolin Bass Jumps 16 July

Ramped in at Wax, ran all over the lake from 4 pm to 7 pm trying to find somewhere reasonably calm to fish. Tons of boaters out, most very courteous and cautious, but still alot of wake to try to fish comfortably along the banks with the wife.

At 7 pm entered the mouth of Conoloway Creek, and the bass were pushing shad up and surface feeding on them. We fished there till 9 pm, and stayed close to the point and mud line right at the mouth on the right side as you enter.

Small Kastmaster spoons with a white feather tail, Small White poppers with sparkle finnish and a white feather tail, small Chrome torpedo baits with the prop tail, and Chrome Zora spooks netted us about 18 Largemouth, 12-14 inches. When they were up they would hit the Zora, and the Torpedo, when they went down the Kastmaster and the White poppers seem best to keep them biting.

Didn't see any other jumps, but then again this was the area we stumbled on and then sat on. Seemed like the best bite was right at the edge of the mud line where the bass seemed to be piling up to bushwack the shad fingerlings as they came out for cleaner water.

Kinda wish I had forgone this trip, and gone early Sunday morning instead. Less boat traffic at dawn on a Sunday, and I think that area would have really boiled up.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nolin Bass Jumps 16 July

RichyD got another one going.

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Wow, my bad, thought you'd all like to know. Won't happen again.

Post Thanks / Like

I hit NRL from a ramp that i thought was private but its a goverment owned ramp.Its on a point up from the dam ramp by the little island.Headed down to the 1st cove that i aways had luck at.Couldn't get too any jumps but did see a few.I did catch 1 LM that was 15 1/2 inchs & weight was 2.1 lb.I was in my kayak and had alot of blow ups on a buzz bait but only caught the 1.Later in the day a few of us went back too see the water fall in that cove & John Beaver using my old town kayak caught a small bass right under the water fall.I think i'll be back but i'm not in a hurry because this river rat is heading too Mi. & Wi. too fish the rivers.See you all next month i'm out of this hot box.
    River Basser
    Terry Adolph

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANEBOB View Post
    Bob...I think Coombro was meaning that I got another person hitting the jumps...nothing bad. Thanks for the report. I have never fished the jumps up that high on the lake. I usually don't make it past the State Park from the Dam. Glad you caught some, WTG!

You were brave for fishing on Saturday...I swore to stay away from NRL on the weekends after I was washed out last weekend, lol.

We fished the jumps again on Thursday...and just nailed them! Tons of shorts, and 17 that would have kept, with several over 17" and FAT! The bass are really fattening up on these shad. I'm planning on hitting it tomorrow. Take care.

-Rich
    Last edited by RICHYD4U; 07-17-2011 at 08:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeph RichyD shore has got everyone's attention on those jumps. Go back into the archives and you will see. Even had me stirred up to get down there today, yet like a true dad had to do repair on my sons vehicle. Didn't make it. Hope RichYD is around long enough for when the buzz bait gets hot. Like last year he said they were hitting and they were. After he posted took my wife and she tagged a 22" lg.mouth. Needless to say she's hooked on the buzz. RichY does the work we reep the benifits. Don't take that to personal there RichYD1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coombro View Post
    Yeph RichyD shore has got everyone's attention on those jumps. Go back into the archives and you will see. Even had me stirred up to get down there today, yet like a true dad had to do repair on my sons vehicle. Didn't make it. Hope RichYD is around long enough for when the buzz bait gets hot. Like last year he said they were hitting and they were. After he posted took my wife and she tagged a 22" lg.mouth. Needless to say she's hooked on the buzz. RichY does the work we reep the benifits. Don't take that to personal there RichYD1
    Why would I take that personal? Like I've always said, I enjoy helping others catch fish just as much as I enjoy catching them. It is a tough job being the NRL scout for the board...but somebody has to do it, lol! I'm glad that your wife hooked into a big one...that's what it's all about! Take care, and big surprise......I'll be on NRL tomorrow! haha!

p.s. I've got at least a couple weeks left in KY...guess where I will be!

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANEBOB View Post
    I really appreciate your reports.Sometimes when a story is posted about someones day on the lake its not just a braggin story but a report.I like it ,keep em coming.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raincheck View Post
    I hit NRL from a ramp that i thought was private but its a goverment owned ramp.Its on a point up from the dam ramp by the little island.Headed down to the 1st cove that i aways had luck at.Couldn't get too any jumps but did see a few.I did catch 1 LM that was 15 1/2 inchs & weight was 2.1 lb.I was in my kayak and had alot of blow ups on a buzz bait but only caught the 1.Later in the day a few of us went back too see the water fall in that cove & John Beaver using my old town kayak caught a small bass right under the water fall.I think i'll be back but i'm not in a hurry because this river rat is heading too Mi. & Wi. too fish the rivers.See you all next month i'm out of this hot box.
    River Basser
    Terry Adolph
    This is the Cave Hollow Bay ramp and it is private. that doesn't prevent cheap asses from saving $3 and launching their boat there, and then using MY dock as a courtesy. There's no respect for private property, why not just pay the dam ramp fee?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by restornator View Post
    This is the Cave Hollow Bay ramp and it is private. that doesn't prevent cheap asses from saving $3 and launching their boat there, and then using MY dock as a courtesy. There's no respect for private property, why not just pay the dam ramp fee?
    I boat by the ramp all the time, and it always seems there are a dozen people swimming right there......very dangerous spot to be swimming IMO with that point and how boats fly around it.

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RICHYD4U View Post
    I boat by the ramp all the time, and it always seems there are a dozen people swimming right there......very dangerous spot to be swimming IMO with that point and how boats fly around it.

-Rich
    Our place is accross the bay from that ramp. We get to watch all the traffic from our dock accross the bay.

Me (Ed) and my brother might be on the water tomorrow afternoon till dark. If youall see us say howdy. White 21' Bullet, Dual Console, 300 ProMax on the back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by restornator View Post
    when i lived at red rock we,the neighborhood,wanted to put in a small ramp so we did not have to go to moutiedier,when we inquired about we was told we could apply for the permit,put it in according to corp instructions,they told us there was no such thing as a 'private' ramp per say,if we put it in any one could use it,even though we had to maintain it.was like 98-99 don't know how they do it now.we did not because we didn't want all the traffic and garbage,they since put one back in the creek.