Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Women's World Cup

Boys and Girls, I never played soccer when I was younger (because I was way too fat) and football was my sport. But since my son has been playing since he was 4, now he is 7 and was just selected as the only 7 yr old on the U9 select team, I am way more interested in the sport. I even coached his team in the spring of 2010, because I knew how good he was and the YMCA had the original coaches back out the night before the first Practise so I said what the heck. Anyways, I am more and more interested in soccer of all kinds and this US Women's team is pretty darn good. People talk about Amy Wamback and the beautiful Hope Solo on the team as MVP but Megan Rampinoe is the true MVP. Another outstanding pass in today's game put the US up 1-0 and no matter the outcome she has flat out impressed me

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Women's World Cup

Those girls are tough...I don't understand the game at all...but those girls are dang tough.

Post Thanks / Like

Tough loss for the US Women.

Post Thanks / Like

Difficult to watch for sure....they had it twice, just to give it back. Ultimately, their terrible penalty shooting in the end was their downfall.

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

If we did not win it I am glad Japan did because of the devastation that country us going thru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elnutsmalljaws View Post
    If we did not win it I am glad Japan did because of the devastation that country us going thru
    Agreed that win could lift the spirits for some folks.

Post Thanks / Like

I to was sorry the girls lost however was very happy to see Japan win at the same time. That country is suffereing horribly still, sometimes something like this can really help..

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, this victory will be a tremendous boost for them. Some have compared it to when we beat the Russians in hockey, except of course there isn't the hostility between us. So yeah, I wish we'd won it, but it's nice to see Japan have something to celebrate for a change.

Did any of you watch it? We had a bunch of scoring chances early in the match, and either hit the post or missed a wide open net. But you have to give those Japanese girls a ton of credit; they stuck to their game plan, and absorbed all of the US's aggression, and in the end solved their defense just enough. It was almost like a case of rope-a-dope, they played a defensive, possession game, and by the time it came down to the penalty kicks, our girls were just worn out. But they should hold their heads high, they played their hearts out.

Post Thanks / Like

I watched the whole game and the US lost the game in the first 20 minutes. They easily could have had a 3-0 lead and the game out of reach but it was not to be. I think it was like 13-3 shots on goal in the first 20 minutes or so of the match. One thing is for sure with Germany, Brazil and the US being the 3 most dominant and best womens soccer teams and the US beat Brazil, Japan beat the host Germans and then beat the US, Japan certainly deserves the Cup. Hope Solo will make an absolute FORTUNE if she chooses because of this and the fact that she is beautiful. She would have made more if they had won but still will make millions.

Post Thanks / Like

Yup, she's a beautiful girl. Neat name, too.