Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Electronics(Humminbird)

I am new to all these new electronics that are coming out and to be honest a little old school on learning how to get everything set up just right to be able to use them to my advantage. I have a HB 998 with DI and SI and Sonar and whatever else it has. I was just wondering if there is someone that sets these things up for people like me. (the electronic challenged) I don't mind paying someone to show me the ropes and to set my unit up and show me how to use it effectivly. Just wondering if there is a service or an individual that does this. Thanks for any info

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Electronics(Humminbird)

Go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sideimaging/ and you will find alot of great information. You will have to join the group which is free and this will help you out alot. You can post questions and get alot of great feedback. There is alot of pictures that have been posted that will help you out so you will know what you are looking at under the water. Hope this helps you out, I know it helped me.

Post Thanks / Like

My son sells them for local retail store, he knows them pretty well. He set mine up , I have the 898 interlinked to a 788. I'll send u a pm with his phone #.

Post Thanks / Like

There is a young man who works over at Bass Pro Shops (Electronics Dept) that sets up both Lowrance & HB units. He will teach you all you need to know about both units and si. I have forgotten his name but any of the guys at the counter will connect you with him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nolinadict2718 View Post
    I am new to all these new electronics that are coming out and to be honest a little old school on learning how to get everything set up just right to be able to use them to my advantage. I have a HB 998 with DI and SI and Sonar and whatever else it has. I was just wondering if there is someone that sets these things up for people like me. (the electronic challenged) I don't mind paying someone to show me the ropes and to set my unit up and show me how to use it effectivly. Just wondering if there is a service or an individual that does this. Thanks for any info
    What a HUNK of crap............I think you need to go to an old school unit like a Lowrance X-75 or something, and sell that unit CHEAP to me .

In all reality, once you learn to use that bad boy, you're going to LOVE IT. Embrey here has the unit one year earlier, I think and when we used it at KY last year, I could definitely see where it would help.

I've been saving for one for a while now, but every **** time I get close to having the smack available, something comes up...........****.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Go to the Bass Boat Central web site, there are two sites on the forum that dedicate info, one on side imaging interpertation and one on setting up youre unit. A vast amout of info.