Search Fishin.com

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Post Thanks / Like

Bullock Pen Creek (Doe Run Creek)

Quote Originally Posted by Battery55 View Post
    NKYFISHING,

I'm actually planning to go out to Doe Run this evening and check out the creek. This is an old thread and I wasn't sure how much of the info is still valid. I like creek fishing as well. I just moved here from Western KY (close to KY lake area) and it's killing me that I don't know any of the good fishing spots. I've been following this thread and a few others to look for places to go. Any general tips?

Here are some places I've tried so far:
    Gunpowder Creek (at Sperti) (Caught 1 smallmouth, too shallow most places)
    Willis Music Ponds on Industrial (Nothing)
    Markland Dam (Nothing)

I'd like to try Gunpowder at a different spot too, but I'm not sure where to access it with some decent depth from the bank. I live off of Gunpowder Road, so I'm looking for something within 10-15 minutes drive from my house if possible.
    I fish Doe Run about once every two weeks.

The Lake-
    My best luck has always been on the corner of the lake where the woods meet the walking path. Have caught numerous 7"+ bluegills there I have also caught a few nice bass 1-3lbs in that area. A canoe or kayak are really your best bet on doe run. It's a shame that it's not stocked more since the water is now back up over the banks.
    It was drained a few years ago and there was a lot of nice fish that died.

The creek (Bullock Pen Creek {aka doe run creek})
    something I just started doing about two weeks ago. By the church you can usually catch suckers in the wooded section of the creek and orange spotted sunfish. In the opening by the bridge there are rock bass as well as decent sized green sunfish we caught 3 today 9". There are also River Carpsuckers here when the water level is raised caught a 4 lb one today which I will post picture. I have also seen a Longnose Gar I'd say every bit of 3 feet long. And plenty of small mouth throughout the creek if you can go south on it by wadding. It's where doe run and banlick meet I believe.
    Last edited by Dirty-T; 08-02-2015 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Correction

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob1678 View Post
    HAWGHUNTER75,Unfortunately you are wrong!!!! The landowners do not own the creek as far as the water...therefore you can float from Ohio to Tennessee, but as soon as you step outside your boat, canoe or Kayak...you are trespassing, the landowners own the creek bottom land. Crazy I know, but this is absolutely the rule! If your floating, no worries, touch bottom, even in the middle of the creek, you are in violation, and ALL the landowners know this.By the way, The Licking river is a great Small mouth stream and the Elkorn is as well. Numerous places to access!!!Sorry, Rob1678
    Franklin Circuit Judge Philip Shepherd ruled in 2013 that waders - as long as they entered the creek legally - are indeed on private property, but are not trespassing.

You’re trespassing if

>You entered the creek through someone’s property without the owner’s permission

>You’re on a property owner’s land (not the creekbed)

You’re not trespassing if

>You’re swimming, boating, fishing or wading in the creek

>You’ve temporarily anchored on the creek

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kyfanatic View Post
    Here's creeks I've been in over the years listed by county =
    Boone county = Gunpowder creek,Big Bone creek,Woolper creek,Mudlick creek,and Big South Fork creek on the Boone-Gallatin county line.
    Gallatin county = Eagle creek,Craigs creek,Steele creek,Paint Lick creek,and Sugar creek.
    Kenton county = Decoursey creek,Banklick creek,Cruises creek,Bowman creek, Doe Run creek,and the Licking river south of Visalia is wadeable near riffles.
    I never fish Campbell county much,but I know of Fourmile and Twelvemile creeks and the Licking river.
    Grant county = Eagle creek,Grassy creek below Williamstown lake dam,Clarks creek,Rattlesnake creek,Fork Lick creek,and Three Forks creek.
    Pendleton county = Main Licking river,South Fork of the Licking,Grassy creek has north,south,and middle forks,Kincaid creek,Blanket creek,Fork Lick creek,Willow creek,Fishing creek,Crooked creek,Johnson creek,and Flour creek
    Bracken county = Locust creek,Willow creek,Yellow Willow creek,Snag Creek,and Little Bracken creek.
    Owen county = Kentucky river,Eagle creek,Cedar creek.(others in Owen never fished them though.
    Harrison county = I've fished Raven creek.

I can get you directions and where to access any I listed.
    Where is the best access to wade fish Gunpowder Creek for Smallmouth? Also is the creek clean enough to eat fish from?