Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Steroids and HGH in sports

We have a couple of threads talking about this, but I would like to hear everyones opinion. Mine is a little out there, but here goes.

I don't care if someone is using PED's to improve their athletic performance and if it were up to me, they would be legal in PROFESSIONAL sports. These are grown men who sacrifice their bodies anyway, so who cares. If steroids were made legal, then everyone would have the opportunity to use them. If someone chose not to use them fine, but let it be an option. Athlete's are going to bend the rules to improve performance and the side effects are on them so I personally don't care. I know that when I was boxing, if someone would have told me that eating piles of horse crap out of a pasture each night before bedtime would enable me to fight like Sugar Ray Leonard, I would have cleaned out every field in the state of Kentucky.

Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Steroids and HGH in sports

Tim, I'm the same way, I say legalize the dang things at least the ones that are sorta safe and let everybody use them. Might as well half of the Major League baseball players do. A huge portion of the NFL. It runs rampade in college, on and on and on. Heck let'em use them and lets knock heads. I lift alot and would love to push myself to the next level the easy way, but don't won't one part to fall off or get any smaller, Lord knows it's small enough now, lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Steroids and HGH in sports

The only problem I have with making it legal is that it makes it easier for kids to get it. Sure die hard sport freaks can get it now in high school but something inside me doesnt like the idea of making it easy for every Tom, Dikk and Harry. I liken legalizing it to alcohol....any kid can get alcohol now. Imagine if it was roids?

If professionals want to do it fine but I still don't know how it could be controlled.

I never have used roids. Many lifting buddies I have had through the years did and I was tempted but chose not too. Sure they got HUGE and our lifting days were kinda weird because I couldn't lift as much as them but I can say I'm in better shape today than they are. Maybe it's the discipline it takes to stay natural?? Don't know but I have no regrets of staying clean.

I see Tim's point 100%. As a professional how could you not do them if everyone else was? Your body is your money maker and you need the best to compete....that's a vicious cycle.
    Last edited by DJD; 07-22-2011 at 04:39 PM.