Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Doe Run Creek Report

Got out this morning around 7:15am to 8am. The water was very clear and very calm. I found 2 holes holding SM, LM, and Bluegill and had a decent size sucker swimming around me the whole time. I was throwing a crawdad colored small crankbait and with that landed 1 smallie around 10 inches and then hooked but lost 2 more. The LM would follow it but wouldn't strike and the bluegill would strike but were just too small to get hooked. For 45 mins of fishing though I really can't complain. A big THANKS to Bassky, kyfanatic, and chasmo for pointing me in the right direction. I'll get back out there again as soon as I can. Till then... Tight lines and screamin' reels to all!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Doe Run Creek Report

Are you fishing the run off of the lake, I fished that lake twice front to back 2 years ago I had no luck but 3 or 4 dinks. The lake looks like it has alot of cover, I just had no luck there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob46 View Post
    Are you fishing the run off of the lake, I fished that lake twice front to back 2 years ago I had no luck but 3 or 4 dinks. The lake looks like it has alot of cover, I just had no luck there.
    Around that time they had just started restocking after doing a fish kill to get rid of the exploding shad population and unbalanced fish numbers.
    At one time you could catch decent bass and catfish there.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah the lake is really tough. There aren't a lot of fish in there but when you finally do hook into a bass its usually a pretty good size. I've caught two four pounders out of there and a handful of three pounders. I never get more than two in the same day though.

Yeah I was fishing the run off. It actually had a lot better fish population than I expected. Nothing very big at least from what I saw but I'd rather catch a bunch of dinks than getting skunked all the time. At least if you know you're getting all dinks you can just switch to ultra light gear and still make it fun.