Search Fishin.com

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Asian carp taste good?

Quote Originally Posted by olgreenboat View Post
    I was all ways told if it looks like shzit smells like shzit then it is shzit no need to stick it in your mouth and taste it.. But it's killing me and i want to try it. If it is nasty I would let you know. I'm pretty picky when it comes to fish. I eat very little crappie because it is mushy.
    I'm very curious myself. You know the people across the ocean really dig eaten carp.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coombro View Post
    I'm very curious myself. You know the people across the ocean really dig eaten carp.
    they also eat dog, cat, and cow's rectum. Wanna try that too? I'm not arguing against trying carp but your logic

I'd try the carp in a heartbeat. Either you like it or you don't....simple as that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MsgMills View Post
    also as far as eating huge fish goes...Look at all the African Tribe's. They eat huge fish on a daily basis and don't seem to be dying.....

On the show Monster Fish, he shows a tribe eating a huge toothy like fish that weighed like 65lbs. Also the huge catfish that was caught in Asia that weighed 850 lbs. It was served up to all the entire village to eat.... Don't hear these people complaining about mercury and all those other dangerous checmicals in the water when it comes to food.......
    Those tribesman have a life expectancy of 45 years though!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coombro View Post
    Yeah yer right, had to leave drinking to much beer! An elderly lady would tell me to bring her back my bait and she would put it in her gumbo. Would catch grass shrimp in a dip net. Food is killer down there. I never even put black pepper on anything til I moved down there. Now I have to put a spice called Tony Chacheres on everything. Brings out some killer flavor even on green beans. It'll really spice it up. Try it, sprinkle on a little or a lot. Get it at kroger less than $3 a can.
    It's great on grilled venison too!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KYCatfish View Post
    they also eat dog, cat, and cow's rectum. Wanna try that too? I'm not arguing against trying carp but your logic

I'd try the carp in a heartbeat. Either you like it or you don't....simple as that.
    My logic being carp is treated in a whole different aspect than it is over here. We just look at carp in a different perspective.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't beat it, eat it!

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/eati...spread-9831471

And, here are the recipes.....bone appetite tator!

http://www.illinoisbowfishing.net/Recipes.html

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tom523 View Post
    Those tribesman have a life expectancy of 45 years though!
    Not because of diet. Lions, tigers, bears......oh boy!

Post Thanks / Like

Somebody has to try it. It's human nature. Heck a few thousand years ago a caveman was sitting there watching an egg come out of a chicken's butt and ate it!

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tom523 View Post
    Somebody has to try it. It's human nature. Heck a few thousand years ago a caveman was sitting there watching an egg come out of a chicken's butt and ate it!
    I think I'll lay off the eggs for awhile...just never thought of it that way.

Post Thanks / Like

yes

I wonder if the question about what a fish taste like is simply fear of being ridiculed? In California, ethnic grocers sell carp all the time. Unfortunately the Lacey Act is preventing any import of the Asian Carp from the rivers. Chinese like their fish alive! They keep them swimming in tanks at the market. Anyway, I've never tried Asian Carp here because it's a bit pricey. Even their farmed common carp is pricey. But last week I did see a stack of canned carp. It's in Chinese so I couldn't read it, but I learned that it's deep fried carp with black beans canned for consumption. I'm easy anyway, and bought it. It was delicious. The bones were cooked through so not an issue. I was thinking to myself if these guys can make common carp taste this good, then the invasive fish we have should be easier.

Anyway, don't fear! Try all kinds of fish. Both cooked and raw! After all I'm Japanese. We've managed to eat poisonous fishes raw as national dishes. If we can handle "fugu" or blowfish, you can handle these pests!
    Likes peter liked this post