Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Conservatives are a dying breed.

A few days ago, someone posted that 43% of folks are one some type of government handout.

While it wasn't EXACTLY worded that way, that is how it broke down.

My question is this. WHY do folks think it is OK to not work and accept a gubment check. I'm not talking about folks that really, REALLY need it....folks that for some reason or another simply cannot work or who REALLY try to find work and cannot find it.

I'm talking about the folks that have lived off welfare for generations. The ones who live off unemployment for the max, then work for a few years, then live off it again. Or the folks that get food stamps and use them to purchase the most EXPENSIVE FOOD they can. Or the folks that take their 5000 dollar earned income tax return and purchase a cruise or a big screen tv. The ones who are on disability and MILK that system, even though they are clearly NOT disabled.

In a previous post, I talked about the American Dream being taken over by the American Handout. Clearly the folks above are those that I TARGET. They will NEVER strive for the American Dream..........why should they. They have it made. A corrupt government at all levels allow them to game the system. This gamesmanship is a LEARNED TRAIT. It is handed down generation after generation. YOU know it and I KNOW IT. I've seen it in my family. I hold a particular disgust for quite a few of my family, aunts, uncles, etc, etc.

How long will it be before this is common.......how long will it be before these folks make up the MAJORITY.

I will never accept this as normal, but unfortunately.........it will probably be normal in my lifetime. I hope not, but when folks don't WANT to better themselves, and when the government continues to tell them they don't need to.......this will continue.

I hope we as a country can say......ENOUGH.....

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Conservatives are a dying breed.

A corrupt government at all levels allow them to game the system. This gamesmanship is a LEARNED TRAIT. It is handed down generation after generation. YOU know it and I KNOW IT. GEO. I SECOND THIS GEO, THIS IS WHAT MAKES ME SICK IS THAT OUR POLITICIANS HAVE ALLOWED THIS. I WAS RASIED IN MONROE CO KY, AS YOU ALL KNOW IT HAS A BAD REP FOR CORRUPTE POLITICS, BUT THIS KINDA CORUPTION STIL GOES ON IN KY, IT USED TO BE WELFARE, BUT THAT WAS CHANGED NOW IT IS SSI, SUPP DISIBILITY, THE KIND PEOPEL GET WHNE THEY HAVE NOT WORKED ENOUGH OR HAVE NEVER WORKED GET. GEO SOMETIMES I DO NOT AGREE WITH U 100% AS WE DIFFER ON SOME POLITICS, BUT I DO COMMEND YOU FOR SPEAKING YOUR MIND AND YOUR BELIFES, THAT SIR I RESPECT.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    How long will it be before this is common.......how long will it be before these folks make up the MAJORITY.
    They already make up the majority......to find confirmation of this, look no further than our current president.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree as John Kennedy said ask not what your country can do for you; ask what can you do for your country.

I am going to include everyone on the dole including unemployment they should have random drug test while on the government hand out. They should have to work for the city, county, park district softball association little league school district Pick up trash etc. We need to do the same with minimum security prisoners. We used to have the prisoners here in our county paint the school and the painters union put a stop to it what a waste of tax payers money.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=roadrunner;461150]I agree as John Kennedy said ask not what your country can do for you; ask what can you do for your country.

I am going to include everyone on the dole including unemployment they should have random drug test while on the government hand out. They should have to work for the city, county, park district softball association little league school district Pick up trash etc. We need to do the same with minimum security prisoners. We used to have the prisoners here in our county paint the school and the painters union put a stop to it what a waste of tax payers money.[/ I agree 100%
    Last edited by riverrat12; 07-26-2011 at 03:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner View Post
    I am going to include everyone on the dole including unemployment they should have random drug test while on the government hand out.
    You see this idea put forth quite a lot, and it sounds great, but one thing that occurs to me is: How much would that cost, and who's going to pay for it? The drug tests themselves, reliable ones anyway, aren't exactly cheap. Then of course they have to be reported to someone, creating more paperwork and cost. And there would probably be other costs associated with it that I'm not thinking of. And just think about how many tests there would need to be. There would undoubtedly be huge backlogs. I'm really not so sure that the savings would offset the expense. To me, this sounds like one of those ideas that would make people feel good, make them feel like they're "getting tough on drugs" or whatever, but in reality wouldn't accomplish much.

Post Thanks / Like

my liberal cure for all this is make ALL drugs legal! Let the addicts go at it.But take addiction off the board for SSI and welfare.Drug testing would only be done by employers, and addicts need not apply.So you'd get a pretty large group of folks who would OD, great! Who needs em.Drug dealers would be out of business, prison population would drop, less corruption.The drug cartels would soon go out of business, the poppy fields wouldn't be harvested.Remember in the early 20th century in this country, opiates, cocaine were not considered illegal.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't think folks on gubment assistance could buy any food much less top name brand stuff?? I never been on it but thought I heard that before??

I agree....the gubment has worked it's way into about every aspect of our daily lives. Generations of folks have seen the gubment as a fallback saviour for their mistakes and blunders. They blame the gubment for their problems and demand to be taken care of with little to no responsibility for their actions.
    How can you fight this? When the gubment spouts off that everyone should be equal or people who have more should give more and they polarize the country with haves and have nots.
    The Libs did this with no shame to get power the last election. They tossed Obama out there since he had some black in him. They sold out the American dream by saying to all the minorities out there by voting for us we will get those rich business owners to give you your deserving share. How many clips have you seen where folks thought Obama was gonna give them money cause a black man was the potus? I saw them played on several stations after the election.
    Selling out or promising a better life for folks isn't new during elections. It's a part of politics. I'm just saying the Libs played the perfect card last election. Obama didn't kill the conservative ideals of folks but he sure padded the lib party with folks who would rather get gubment assistance than work for it.
    How many gubment programs or laws come out that do not ask for more from middle class folks? How many are for helping the poor? Unfortunate? Illegals? Healthcare for everyone? Houses for everyone? And on and on.
    It's always take more from the haves and give to the have nots. The more folks rely on the gubment programs the more votes they can get until that is the majority. The Libs preach this stuff.
    Last edited by DJD; 07-27-2011 at 07:52 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

NO not all liberals, I never needed government[not gobment] assistance. I'm against mothers who spawn to get benefits. I'm also against dead beat fathers. AddictsI'm for family planning , even contraception for those who ask for it. We need more poor starving under educated kids like custer needed more indians.I knew two familys who were on welfare, and they did NOT live a life of luxury, it was hand to mouth at best. I'm against school voucher programs that would force some parochial schools to accept students that do not conform to the rules those schools insist on.And the banking scandal could have been avoided if the lenders used integrity, not dodges to make more of the goverment. I would deport all illegals when they were found, and fine the hell out of employers who knowingly use them. Food stamps would not be used for gourmet foods, and only english speaking folks would be able to get them.No more 4th place trophys, and no "C" honor roles. Schools would be run by principals, hired and fired by mayors or the top elected official.Prison spas for white collar crimes would be abolished, tax cheaters hiding assets in forign country banks would be deported to that country,And ethics would be a required subject for primary and secondary education.If religous leaders want a voice in politics fine, except remove the tax free status they hide behind. AND LAST, ABOLISH THE DEBT CEILING,ONLY ONE INDUSTIALIZED COUNTRY BESIDE US USES IT.Two tems for all elected officials, and no further contact with any government agency for 10 years.

Post Thanks / Like

So the government is into all facets of our lives? How did OB manage that in less than 3 years?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RoadToad View Post
    You see this idea put forth quite a lot, and it sounds great, but one thing that occurs to me is: How much would that cost, and who's going to pay for it? The drug tests themselves, reliable ones anyway, aren't exactly cheap. Then of course they have to be reported to someone, creating more paperwork and cost. And there would probably be other costs associated with it that I'm not thinking of. And just think about how many tests there would need to be. There would undoubtedly be huge backlogs. I'm really not so sure that the savings would offset the expense. To me, this sounds like one of those ideas that would make people feel good, make them feel like they're "getting tough on drugs" or whatever, but in reality wouldn't accomplish much.
    Everyone who comes on the program as that is why I said random test you could test most employees are tested before hire then do random test. It will keep a lot of people honest just knowing they could be picked at any time. You might get enough druggies off the system to pay for the testing.

Post Thanks / Like

Just got this to say you all think you know about the welfare system, I work in the system, wear my shoes one day. I got into this to help those in need as there had been some changes to programs, but I see first hand every day those who need and those that are like stated above. Purt thisway we waiste more than we need to, not all people on welfare are trash. Whane people lose jobs due to their jobs closing and moving away, they need help, esp when jobs are not there, and face it the jobs are not there, unless you wanna communte to China or Mexico, I wokr for the state due to THREE factorys that I worked at for long periods of time, closed down and went to MEXICO or overseas,3, each place employed several hundred and 1 over 1000, the onec mighty factories in Glasgow and Bowling Green are all but gone, all OVERSEAS AND MEXICO. CORPORATE greed has killed this country, along with BIN LADEN, he won, really, he accomlished his goal, he helped bring down the American economy, war costs a lot,esp nowdays of $5000 hammers and plane toliets. Yea also lest drug test allon welfare and foods stamps, go ahead add more cost to the program, by the way the USDA, runs the food stamp program, thatsright the DEPT of AGRICULTURE. No quick fix, to this situation, unless this countrys leaders put aside thiere petty and insane differances and focus on the country as a whole, then we are destined to fail. Sorry for long post, had to vent some.