Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

GE Moving X-Ray Leadership Team

....GE moving X-ray leadership team from US to China

GE Healthcare, a maker of diagnostic imaging equipment, said Monday it is moving its X-ray global headquarters from the United States to Beijing as it seeks to tap China and other emerging markets.

The General Electric Co. unit is the first business of the industrial and financial giant to relocate to China.

Anne LeGrand, vice president and general manager of GE Healthcare Global X-Ray, told a news conference that the decision to move from Waukesha, Wisconsin, was made two years ago and will be completed by early fall.

She said "there is certainly the opportunity" to move other GE Healthcare units to China, but that is "something that we will continue to evaluate."

The move involves LeGrand and a handful of her top managers. In an interview, she said they will add other people to the team as they expand in China, but no jobs will be lost.

The move follows an announcement last year that GE plans to invest $2 billion in China, including $500 million in six research centers, one of which GE X-ray is developing in Chengdu in central China. The company has already hired "close to 100 engineers" for the center in Chengdu, LeGrand said.

Rachel Duan, president and CEO of GE Healthcare China, said they plan to launch more than 20 new products in China over the next two years. Some 70 percent of those will be aimed at general medical professionals who make up the primary healthcare sector.

Duan said they will be developed for customers in China, "but we see a potential down the road for exporting to some of the other emerging markets."

LeGrand said some of the products they had developed in China were now being sold elsewhere, such as the Ling Long digital X-ray, now being sold in Africa, the Middle East and Latin America. She said emerging markets represented "double digit growth" for GE's X-ray business.

Over the past two decades, GE Healthcare China has focused on the high-end market in cities such as Shanghai, Beijing and Guangzhou and selling to large hospitals. Now they also intend to focus on the primary care sector in poorer parts of the country, including rural areas, Duan said.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: GE Moving X-Ray Leadership Team

Quote Originally Posted by Chubminnow View Post
    ....GE moving X-ray leadership team from US to China

GE Healthcare, a maker of diagnostic imaging equipment, said Monday it is moving its X-ray global headquarters from the United States to Beijing as it seeks to tap China and other emerging markets.

The General Electric Co. unit is the first business of the industrial and financial giant to relocate to China.

Anne LeGrand, vice president and general manager of GE Healthcare Global X-Ray, told a news conference that the decision to move from Waukesha, Wisconsin, was made two years ago and will be completed by early fall.

She said "there is certainly the opportunity" to move other GE Healthcare units to China, but that is "something that we will continue to evaluate."

The move involves LeGrand and a handful of her top managers. In an interview, she said they will add other people to the team as they expand in China, but no jobs will be lost.

The move follows an announcement last year that GE plans to invest $2 billion in China, including $500 million in six research centers, one of which GE X-ray is developing in Chengdu in central China. The company has already hired "close to 100 engineers" for the center in Chengdu, LeGrand said.

Rachel Duan, president and CEO of GE Healthcare China, said they plan to launch more than 20 new products in China over the next two years. Some 70 percent of those will be aimed at general medical professionals who make up the primary healthcare sector.

Duan said they will be developed for customers in China, "but we see a potential down the road for exporting to some of the other emerging markets."

LeGrand said some of the products they had developed in China were now being sold elsewhere, such as the Ling Long digital X-ray, now being sold in Africa, the Middle East and Latin America. She said emerging markets represented "double digit growth" for GE's X-ray business.

Over the past two decades, GE Healthcare China has focused on the high-end market in cities such as Shanghai, Beijing and Guangzhou and selling to large hospitals. Now they also intend to focus on the primary care sector in poorer parts of the country, including rural areas, Duan said.

Your surprised by this? I'm to the point where I just throw my hands up and say oh well there goes another one.

These companies are raking in record breaking profits and what do they do, they move somewhere else where they can make even more.

IMHO greed is going to be what brings this country down.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pontooner View Post
    Your surprised by this? I'm to the point where I just throw my hands up and say oh well there goes another one.

These companies are raking in record breaking profits and what do they do, they move somewhere else where they can make even more.

IMHO greed is going to be what brings this country down.
    Tax breaks are not going to pacify corporate greed.

The reason they move factories to Mexico, China, India, Pakistan is that they pay laborers pennies on the dollar, avoid basic work safty laws and even exploit child labor.

The tax issue with jobs moving overseas is just a smoke screen.

We need to look at imports from countries that use child labor, jeprodize employees and undercut the American standard wage (given exchange rate).

These policies of opening world markets are killing the US and the middle class (thanks Bill Clinton). I am all for free trade until it becomes a oneway street.

It's sad to think of all of the steadfast American Brands such as GE, Whirpool and others whose products are now imported goods. Not even considering the imported no name products that are just junk filling our landfills.

All this run governmet like a business is going to do is gut the American dream.

We need to elect people that are looking out for the citizens, not "solely" corporations and business interests (although they are citizens as well).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pontooner View Post
    Your surprised by this? I'm to the point where I just throw my hands up and say oh well there goes another one. These companies are raking in record breaking profits and what do they do, they move somewhere else where they can make even more. IMHO greed is going to be what brings this country down.
    No sir I'm not surprised by it, not at all. Everyone that knows me knows I have a burr up my crawl for foriegn goods. All I'm doing is bringing this to as many people's attention as I can. This comes at a time when this country could use some decent jobs...it sure would be nice to see GE dump $2 billion in the United States instead of China, including $500 million in six research centers. It sure would be nice to see GE hire close to 100 Amercian engineers.

There have been times in the past when I've felt the same as you, throw up my hands and kiss another one goodbye...guess I'm stubborn in my way of thinking...maybe all I have is wishful thinking.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chubminnow View Post
    No sir I'm not surprised by it, not at all. Everyone that knows me knows I have a burr up my crawl for foriegn goods. All I'm doing is bringing this to as many people's attention as I can. This comes at a time when this country could use some decent jobs...it sure would be nice to see GE dump $2 billion in the United States instead of China, including $500 million in six research centers. It sure would be nice to see GE hire close to 100 Amercian engineers.

There have been times in the past when I've felt the same as you, throw up my hands and kiss another one goodbye...guess I'm stubborn in my way of thinking...maybe all I have is wishful thinking.
    I posted about the poor quality of import (china) products. The air compressor I purchased 8 months ago no longer works.

After thinking a little about this, it occurred to me that when we purchase these cheap imports over quality American profits because of price (mostly only a 10-20% savings) we are just kicking ourselves.

By taking away the sale of the quality American product it makes it even harded for them to compete with price. If you took away the lost sales to cheap imports the additional sales of American products would help them reduce cost through volume increase.

Post Thanks / Like

http://hotair.com/archives/2011/03/2...-any-us-taxes/
    I remembered something about GE and then found this. There is a link to the Whitehouse page as well in the article.

On a personal note GE sukks for my industry of dealing with Life Safety equipment. They have been nothing short of disgusting in the way they give away product to undercut other manufactures. We dropped them and went with another manufacturer for our panels. I'm not a fan of GE at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Pontooner you and I finally agree on something.... Greed is the root to all EVIL!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    Pontooner you and I finally agree on something.... Greed is the root to all EVIL!

Internet hi-five.

You know what chaps my butt the most with this stuff is that these companies could still turn a decent profit here in the good ol USA and create jobs for Americans but they chose to go somewhere else and make money hand over fist. If that qualifies as the "American Dream" then we are truly screwed.