Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

umpires, refs, and sports

A lot of anger about a call in that 19 inning game yesterday.But the ump is right has been the norm as long as I can remember.Hey they are only human, I dont want baseball to go the way of the NFL. I like to see a manager go nuts and get thrown out, also these bench clearing " dances". Pete Rose will always have the record as far as I'm concerned, and Yogi was a philospher to the nth degree.No replays! But I sure wish they would have hung that fan who interfered with that foul ball, the Cubbies could have won it all.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: umpires, refs, and sports

I saw that on ESPN. I'm in favor of instant replay. I hate to see years of effort on the owners, players, trainers and fans get lost by a bad call when we have awesome technology available to us that can provide a piece of the decision making puzzle when it comes to making a call that could decide a game or series.
    NBA, Nascar and the NFL have been better for it. JMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: umpires, refs, and sports

Baseball already has instant replay, but only for if a ball is in or out, meaning is it a home run or not. You don't see it used very often. This particular call was obviously wrong, and decided a game, but how many calls have there been like that, compared to the number of games played? A very tiny number. Baseball is already perceived as a slow game, and expanding instant replay would slow it down even more. I don't think there's enough of a problem to justify it.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: umpires, refs, and sports

Then get them out of there! yeah I've seen the pitches on camera,and the ghost tags of second base on double plays,So why go half way?Luck has always had a hand in sports, but lucky teams with lousy talent usually wind up where they belong[except the cubbies]