Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Brookville from Outdoor Ken

shad are balled up around whole lake, white bass are chasing on south side, small mouth further away from dam.
    Outdoor Ken

Thank Ken
    Peter

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Brookville from Outdoor Ken

That's the thing about Bville. You get into an area with shads all around you and you can't get one stinking LM to bite. It seems you have to throw nothing short of a cast net if you want to catch a fish. It almost as if the bass don't even care about shad and only feed on crawdads.

Post Thanks / Like

I've never done real well on Bville.I've got a friend that has in the past, probably the only reason I go now & then. You've got to wonder though, about that shad thing.
    Is it that there eatin craws or is there just so much forage "shad" that there just not interested in what we're throwin?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by strat5150 View Post
    I've never done real well on Bville.I've got a friend that has in the past, probably the only reason I go now & then. You've got to wonder though, about that shad thing.
    Is it that there eatin craws or is there just so much forage "shad" that there just not interested in what we're throwin?
    Iv'e only ever done well at the Gar Hill area or down by the ****. Other than that Brookville is tough. I've done well around october to november trolling for walleye on the flats. It's a feast or famine lake for sure!

Post Thanks / Like

Brookville has been awesome to me the last few years. I dont think people know how to fish it and really catch them. You just cant beat the bank and expect to catch them there. I have caught them really well this entire year. As for the shad thing, if you are not around them right now you are not going to have a good day.

Post Thanks / Like

Ya, B-ville dosen't fish that way,I try to fish it like a deep clear Tn lake. Just haven't put enough time in I suppose.Like I said before I've got a friend that in the past has done well there. Maybe in month or so,thought about a night trip in Aug. Anybody do much night fishing @ B-ville that would care to share?