Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Great Outdoors...or not?

Simply because it's supposedly a show about the "Great Outdoors", I often try to catch at least a portion of Jim Strader's show on Sunday nights.

Is it just me, or has that show basically just become a political commentary where he rails against the government?

The last three weeks all I got to hear was about some illegal guns to Mexico conspiracy (2 weeks on that), and how the local government blew it with some Humane Society director appointment.

I like the idea that there is an outdoor radio show, but it's hard to bill it at that when I don't see them talking about the outdoors much.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Great Outdoors...or not?

Quote Originally Posted by know1 View Post
    Simply because it's supposedly a show about the "Great Outdoors", I often try to catch at least a portion of Jim Strader's show on Sunday nights.

Is it just me, or has that show basically just become a political commentary where he rails against the government?

The last three weeks all I got to hear was about some illegal guns to Mexico conspiracy (2 weeks on that), and how the local government blew it with some Humane Society director appointment.

I like the idea that there is an outdoor radio show, but it's hard to bill it at that when I don't see them talking about the outdoors much.
    While I understand your point, and agree with you to an extent, I think both were relevant to the outdoors in a way and very important.

I would hardly call "Operation Fast and Furious" an illegal guns to Mexico conspiracy. It is just a wee bit bigger than that. It should result in the resignation of AG Eric Holder and the possible prosecution of some higher ups with the DOJ and ATF. I think the tie in for the outdoors is all the hoops that we have to jump through to buy firearms and the government makes illegal sells, to bolster their argument that all the crime in Mexico is from US gun sales, and it is directly responsible for the death of a US Border Patrol Agent.

Here is a link that will help:
    http://www.iwatchnews.org/2011...unners/page/0/1

As far as Jimbo's show goes, I find it less and less appealing all the time because it has become predictable. About every other week he is going to do a show railing against the KDFWR.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post

As far as Jimbo's show goes, I find it less and less appealing all the time because it has become predictable. About every other week he is going to do a show railing against the KDFWR.
    I guess that's my point. I'd like a show that talks about hunting and fishing (and that's what I thought it was), but instead all I'm getting is him railing against the government and talking politics.

I guess you get what you pay for

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to have my own show. It would be entirely about hunting and fishing. Concentrating primarily on Kentucky but every now and then throw in some out of state hunting and fishing. I would try and have state and national guest and try and take a lot of calls. This is a serious idea I have been tossing around in my mind for a while now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by know1 View Post
    I guess that's my point. I'd like a show that talks about hunting and fishing (and that's what I thought it was), but instead all I'm getting is him railing against the government and talking politics.

I guess you get what you pay for
    My thoughts exactly the past couple weeks. Dog ordinances in Louisville? The gun talk I can't remember the specifics. I 'm finding that the Joe B. (Hall) and Denny (Crum) show more entertaining as to talking about the great outdoors. Although it's a sports oriented show when they get side tracked and start talking hunting and fishing it's on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coombro View Post
    My thoughts exactly the past couple weeks. Dog ordinances in Louisville? The gun talk I can't remember the specifics. I 'm finding that the Joe B. (Hall) and Denny (Crum) show more entertaining as to talking about the great outdoors. Although it's a sports oriented show when they get side tracked and start talking hunting and fishing it's on.
    I have had the good fortune to meet a ton of interesting people that have a passion for the outdoors, Joe B. and Denny are two of them I have an article in the current issue of Kentucky Outdoors about Joe B. and his love of the outdoors. I did a phone interview with him a couple of weeks ago and then drove to his house the next evening to meet with him and get some photos from him. I don't think I have ever enjoyed myself as much as I did talking with coach Hall. What a super nice and very funny guy.

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to have my own show. It would be entirely about hunting and fishing. Concentrating primarily on Kentucky but every now and then throw in some out of state hunting and fishing. I would try and have state and national guest and try and take a lot of calls. This is a serious idea I have been tossing around in my mind for a while now.
    If you make it..............we will watch

Post Thanks / Like

Uh, Tim, you might want to stick to radio. Don't you have any mirrors in your house?

Post Thanks / Like

I catch the last hour of the Strader show everytime I am heading home from L-Ville to BG on Sunday evenings. I have to agree....when they talk fishing tactics and such, I will stay tuned in...but when they go off on KDFWR and the elk scandle crap...I change the channel.

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Tim that head was meant for radio ONLY Pal. You would do good though and I would listen, but only if you had me on as guest sometime, lol.

Post Thanks / Like

I have had the good fortune to meet a ton of interesting people that have a passion for the outdoors, Joe B. and Denny are two of them I have an article in the current issue of Kentucky Outdoors about Joe B. and his love of the outdoors. I did a phone interview with him a couple of weeks ago and then drove to his house the next evening to meet with him and get some photos from him. I don't think I have ever enjoyed myself as much as I did talking with coach Hall. What a super nice and very funny guy.
    Joe B is definitely a class act.

Post Thanks / Like

I was talking about a radio show guys. Trust me, I have been on television and even I couldn't hardly watch!