Search Fishin.com

Thread: nanofil ?

Post Thanks / Like

nanofil ?

i think i remember past discussion / questions about nanofil.....did anyone ever pull the trigger and order this stuff?
    if so how bout the claim to "zero memory" ? thats the part im interested in, im ok with the strength to line class ratio of my current line (p-line flouroclear) , sometimes is "TOO" strong , cant break the stuff when you get hung up. BUT the memory with this stuff is pretty bad, the line forms the "bed spring coil" overnight, literally overnight.
    ive got this nanofill stuff in my shopping basket in 2 different diameters as we speak, all i need is some well informed feedback and then click on "place order".....its expensive stuff so i would really appreciate some help.

thanks in advance, jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Re: nanofil ?

ok... couldnt stand it i clicked on the "place order" button.
    i will report after i get the line and use it in different situations.

Post Thanks / Like

Couldn't find it on the shelf at BP yesterday. Is it only available by order?

Post Thanks / Like

i have some in 8# and 6# and love it, it has no memory and its no stretch. it is strong to. the sensitivity is out of this world. it will fray but still holds up even with nicks just check it like anything else and retie when it gets to bad. last night my son was using a 5'6 light action rod with the 6# and was using a shaky head catching alot of 3# and 4# bass and was swinging them in the boat. i was doing the same with a 7'0 med action rod with the 8#. got a 5# and alot of fish 3# and 4# swinging them all in the boat. done this before with other lines and had them break when trying to swing them this holds up good. i think you did the right thing in buying some.

Post Thanks / Like

hey smuckey, thanks for the info. i went to both ends of the spectrum and ordered 6 lb and 12 lb. i have been reading different info here and there and have seen where some people are using a flouro leader.....hmmm this now becomes the weak link on a hookset ?
    do you use a leader?
    i mostly fish the ultra clear cumberland lake , home of the spooky fish.
    thanks , jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Re: nanofil ?

I have not had good luck with nanofil. I used 6# on my creek set up (5'10" mag light) and was excited about trying it.. It has an extremely small diameter, which I later found to be very vulnerable on the rocks of the creek. I lost multiple rigs and lures on the hookset (including a Sammy on my 2nd cast in the mouth of a 2# Smallie)
    Fishing this line with a bullet weight was a disaster with the extra fraying of the line from the weight sliding against it. I did like the sensitivity, but was not impressed with the "no memory". I found that it had more memory than braid with less strength. While I do think the larger diameter options would be decent the 6# was just too small.. A 20$ spool ended up costing me a lot more in broken off baits.. Overall I was left with a very bad taste in my mouth and took all the line off after I got home.
    I noticed Sportsmans Warehouse has plenty in stock if you are looking for some.. Good luck trying it out!

Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't using a leader but I was night fishing. Did take a black marker and colored about 2 feet. Might not be a bad idea in clear water. You do have to check it like any other line but in my experience it holds up better then any other line when nicked or frayed. I use p-line to and I love that stuff to. Can't go wrong with either line in my opinion. I do use the kvd line conditioner on a rag when I spool all my lines and I think it helps a lot with helping the line life and the strength of any line. You have any other questions let me know I'll do my best to answer.

Post Thanks / Like

i agree with smuckey. Nanofil rocks! I can cast light baits a mile. the sensitivity is great and it does have no memory. Its super strong too! Its good stuff!