Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KY Dam Area

Post Thanks / Like

KY Dam Area

Fishing a night tournament around KY Dam this weekend. Any tips or advice on Largemouth in that area? I have heard good things about Sledd Creek, but is it true that the canal is a decent spot?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: KY Dam Area

Go down and fish Moors marina. Throw buzz baits around dark and then throw shakey heads around the rip rap.

Post Thanks / Like

last year me my dad and brother tore em up around sailboat harbor throwin a black spinnerbait. most of them were dinks but my brother caught a 3 1/2 pound largemouth and a 2 1/2 pound smallmouth there that night. i was told the bass stay there all summer. it's a pretty convient spot since it's right across the lake from ky dam village.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishinfreak View Post
    last year me my dad and brother tore em up around sailboat harbor throwin a black spinnerbait. most of them were dinks but my brother caught a 3 1/2 pound largemouth and a 2 1/2 pound smallmouth there that night. i was told the bass stay there all summer. it's a pretty convient spot since it's right across the lake from ky dam village.
    I'm assuming you're talking about the jetty and the breakwall outside of the marina? You don't want to go in that marina, Lighthouse Landing, the owners are anti-fishing inside of it....many tournaments make it off limits so as to avoid conflicts...same goes for the marina at Kuttawa Harbor. They consider bass fishermen a nuisance.

The canal is definitely a winner! Lots of good smallmouth to be caught in there. The mouth of the canal, and the flats just outside the mouth of the canal are excellent. I throw jerkbaits year-round in those areas with success.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    I'm assuming you're talking about the jetty and the breakwall outside of the marina? You don't want to go in that marina, Lighthouse Landing, the owners are anti-fishing inside of it....many tournaments make it off limits so as to avoid conflicts...same goes for the marina at Kuttawa Harbor. They consider bass fishermen a nuisance.

The canal is definitely a winner! Lots of good smallmouth to be caught in there. The mouth of the canal, and the flats just outside the mouth of the canal are excellent. I throw jerkbaits year-round in those areas with success.

yeah i'm talking about there. but not so much the jetty. mainly the pea gravel flat on the main river right there. we probably had around 30 in a hour and a half

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishinfreak View Post
    yeah i'm talking about there. but not so much the jetty. mainly the pea gravel flat on the main river right there. we probably had around 30 in a hour and a half
    I've caught some really nice spotted bass off that spot. No monsters, but a great way to get a quick limit

Post Thanks / Like

we didn't have any spots just LM and one nice brown fish

Post Thanks / Like

A little off topic, but a couple of buddies of mine are looking into getting a guide on KY Lake, any good names or people you have used, fishing for bass.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoeman View Post
    A little off topic, but a couple of buddies of mine are looking into getting a guide on KY Lake, any good names or people you have used, fishing for bass.
    When we did get a guide we got Captain Kirk. Pretty good guy and a really good guide. http://www.captainkirksguideservice.com/ We were one of his early customers and he has continued getting better and better.

Dave Stewart is someone who I want to schedule with just to learn even more about Bass Fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd definately go with Dave Stewart or Kick n Bass guide service. Both are excellent guides. I highly recommend both.

Post Thanks / Like

If your looking for a guide on KY or Barkley there are none better than Dave Stewart.

Charlie

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the help, do any of these guides make you use your boat or what, never done the guide thing before. What I would like to do is get some waypoints while we are out so I could find the spots next time I return.