Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Nolin River Lake

Good morning all!. I'm new to this forum but it sounds like a great place to talk about some bass fishing at Nolin. I've been night fishing at Nolin a couple of times now and have slayed them (were talking about between 16 to 20 bass between my fishing partner and I)! We went this past Friday night and had the same success! I've had some decend keepers during this time but none in that 4 to 6 lbs range. Anyone have any choise of lures (soft plastics, etc). Plus, I want to start fishing the tourn seen and it looks like a bag of about 15 might win. I've been using a lizard and the bite has been awesome but the size isn't there (may between 1 to 2 lbs.) I'm thinking location and maybe lure choice.

Some personal background. I've been fishing since I was 16 down in Logan Co. I've moved to Hardin Co within the last 6 yrs and married a fine lady. Every year for the past 4 yrs my buddies and I had gone on a big fishing trip (Lake Guntersville, Kentucky Lake, Barkley and this yr went to Alaska for the halibit) so I'm not new to fishing but I always want to learn, especially bass fishing!

So if anyone here has some tips and tech to fishing Nolin, I would greatly appre. it!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nolin River Lake

Welcome

I like to fish with Crankbaits when the fish are suspended, for the last 2 weeks i've seen a decline in the bass bite at Nolin. This is all temporary the bite will be back on soon, I always have good luck with Jigs, Texas rigged plastics and crankbaits up river from Wax. Read where your from Logan Co. My Mother and Father were from there also. Let me know if you have any luck.

Good Luck