Search Fishin.com

Thread: Iowa Staw Poll

Post Thanks / Like

Iowa Staw Poll

Looks like Pawlenty is out...Ron Paul is a very close second but Bachmann came out on top. I guess we'll see how well she fairs once she leaves Iowa. I really do like how she actually "answers" questions, instead of spewing forth gibberish unrelated to the question asked of her. She seems like a pretty tough contender if you ask me....at least right now she does anyway. Time will tell...still feels a little weird thinking a woman could be possibly leading our country though. I guess we'll see...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Iowa Staw Poll

Quote Originally Posted by Chubminnow View Post
    ...still feels a little weird thinking a woman could be possibly leading our country though. I guess we'll see...
    Why does it feel weird; because a woman has never led this country, because Bachmann is a woman, or because you fear she will do a better job than a man? It's not just a man's world anymore. I could stop here and tell you a story of an upset carpenter who took my husband aside, about two months ago, and remarked about me, "She's a woman and doesn't know what she is talking about." The man didn't know he was working from blueprints that I had drawn until my husband tore into him.

During a 1973 television appearance, Margaret Thatcher was quoted as saying, "I don't think there will be a woman Prime Minister in my lifetime." She proved herself wrong and made history in May 1979 when she was appointed Britian's first female Prime Minister. She must have done something right because she served from 1979 to 1990 as Prime Minister of England.

I agree with you about Bachmann; she seems to be focused and I hope she won't be distracted by cheap shots and mud slinging.

Post Thanks / Like

just kidding, let the gals bring it on....! Could not be less, could be a helllll of a lot better.
    PS: This does not mean I would support Bachmann..no way!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FlyLie View Post

just kidding, let the gals bring it on....! Could not be less, could be a helllll of a lot better.
    PS: This does not mean I would support Bachmann..no way!!
    I am certainly not in favor of granting special priviledges to women just because they are female. If she doesn't have the qualifications and experience to get the job done, on her own, then she should not hold that position. If she wants equality then she needs to step up to the plate and prove herself.

Post Thanks / Like

Bug...I can't tell you why I think it seems a little weird having a woman lead the country...well....I guess I could but not here publicly anyway for I'm sure if I did my post would be deleted from this family friendly G-rated site.

As for it not being a man's world anymore....Yea I already know that. As for you drawing up a set of prints for construction...I work in the electrical engineering department at the company I work for and we have at least 3 young ladies in the structural engineering department, maybe 4 but I'm not 100% sure since the electrical department rarely has to coordinate with the structural department. So like I say, I'm familiar with women working in what has traditionally been known as a man's career, both in the office and in the field.

No offense at all to the female gender...in my opinion it just seems a little weird to me thinking we could possibly have a female president. It won't hurt my feelings what so ever if she can do I liked Palin back when she was running for vice-president but I think the media ate her up, I think the campaign trail wore her down and I also think she's being a little wishy-washy here lately not being able to make up her mind about whether she wants to run or not...I don't know enough about Bachmann yet to make a decision on her, but so far she's ok.

Post Thanks / Like

It won't hurt my feelings what so ever if she (Michele Bachmann) can do better than the current president or the past cuple of president's we've had....I say more power to her and bring it on, we need it!

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like Rick Perry is going to get most of the national news coverage.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't have a problem with a woman being President, but not anyone, man or woman, with the extremist views of Michele Bachmann. I know I've made fun of Sarah Palin before, but I'd take her over Bachmann any day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bassin_bug View Post
    I am certainly not in favor of granting special priviledges to women just because they are female. If she doesn't have the qualifications and experience to get the job done, on her own, then she should not hold that position. If she wants equality then she needs to step up to the plate and prove herself.
    I agree. No one should get any special privaleges. I have no problem with a woman being president. Personally, I thought years ago when Ferraro was Mondales VP canidate that she was a stronger potential than Mondale. The current crop of Rep female contenders, however, seem to been a little out there. Not that their male counterparts are any better.

Andrew

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by apb View Post
    I agree. No one should get any special privaleges. I have no problem with a woman being president. The current crop of Rep female contenders, however, seem to been a little out there. Not that their male counterparts are any better.
    I don't have any problem with a female being president either...so long as she can handle the job But still....it will seem weired to me...then again, it shouldn't because honestly it STILL seems weired to me having Nobama in there, I still haven't gotten use to it, (sometimes it takes me awhile to accept "change"). Kind of seems to me that the POTUS is more of a face of the nation than anything else anyway. As for your "out there" comment....I agree, we're gonna have to choose between one of these bozo's next year...good gawd man, wish us luck on picking the correct person for the job!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Iowa Staw Poll

Quote Originally Posted by Chubminnow View Post
    It won't hurt my feelings what so ever if she (Michele Bachmann) can do better than the current president or the past cuple of president's we've had....I say more power to her and bring it on, we need it!
    Chubminnow, I sent you a Private Message.

Post Thanks / Like

The test hasn't started yet. Shes a candidate, not the party choice. Clinton would have been a better choice than OB, but clouded thinking about her husband scuttled her chance.Dosn't matter, we have elected fools for 12 years, why stop now?