Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

University of SEC fans...........

So what's the real scoop on this proposed Texas A&M to the SEC move? Yeah the SEC commissioners "decided" that they are content with the current alignment, but what do you think is going on behind closed doors? I think the SEC is waiting for the right time so they can make this move "legally". Add A&M to the west for 2012 and then find a 14th team for the next year (Florida State) to put in the east. Then pick up another 2 teams (Oklahoma and maybe Clemson or Missouri) for a 16 team division that will break away from the NCAA and call themselves the SFL - southeastern football league - a 2.0 verision of the NFL........

Or was it all a lie propagated by ESPN? They broke the story on their bottom line and then instantly their minions i.e. Pat Forde began bashing Texas A&M. Everybody's favorite Doug Gottleib was in on it as well...........

You even see Louisville's name getting thrown around as one of the dominoes should it all fall into place.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: University of SEC fans...........

I don't see it happening. Why does the SEC need them anyway. I think the first ordr of biznass aught to be to clean up their act. I realize it's the school's responsibility to run a up and up program but the SEC is getting lambasted right now on every publication for cheating. Clean it up first then worry about adding teams is my opinion.....

BTW, I hate Doug Gottlieb with the burning passion of ten thousand suns! In fact there is only one guy on planet earth that I hate as much if not more than Doug Gottlieb and thats Matt Jones, followed closely by Keith Oberdouche, I'm out....

Oh one more thing about Matt Jones that all the UK faithful justs worships. He is a former lawyer, strike one, guess where he was educated, DUKE, Thats right DUKE, strike two. And he knows next to nothing about sports and lives under a bridge with the other trolls, strike three, now I'm out......
    Last edited by mhall; 08-15-2011 at 04:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you are going to eventually see four super conferences, made up of 16 or more teams. The first domino fell when the ACC raided the Big East. This new realignment with the Pac 10 going to 12 and the Big 12 virtually imploding is the next step. Eventually, the basketball only schools in the Big East will separate and form their own league and everything will fall into place.

Post Thanks / Like

$$$$$$$$$$ is what makes the world go around and it is the reason there will eventually be the Big 16, Big 18, Big 20 and so forth. The SEC, "Southeastern" Conference, with Arkansas and possibly a Texas team, REALLY. I know let's put Nebraska in the same conference as Penn State. Or put Louisville in a Basketball Conference called the Big East. The WAC, Western Athletic Conference, has a team from Louisiana in it. So the SEC and the WAC, has teams from Louisiana. The NCAA is all about the $$$$$ and that is why coaches and alumni pay out $$$$$ to get the best Athlete/Students money can buy.

Post Thanks / Like

Tim I think you're pretty close on your mega-conference theory. To me it seems like a one-sided deal ie real good for a&m if it were to go down. I know Texas is a hotbed for recruiting and marketing, but I think the longhorns pretty much own that state much like Ohio st. does Ohio.

Mhall I knew you were gotleib's biggest fan. Better watch out I hear he's done p90x now....twice!

Four 16 team conferences sounds like a defacto playoff system to me.

Post Thanks / Like

I also agree with you Tim about the mega-conference theory...

And MHall, I'm a blue-blood, but I think Matt Jones is a BLOW-BAG. Don't like the dude at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by psprowler View Post
    Tim I think you're pretty close on your mega-conference theory. To me it seems like a one-sided deal ie real good for a&m if it were to go down. I know Texas is a hotbed for recruiting and marketing, but I think the longhorns pretty much own that state much like Ohio st. does Ohio.

Mhall I knew you were gotleib's biggest fan. Better watch out I hear he's done p90x now....twice!

Four 16 team conferences sounds like a defacto playoff system to me.
    To funny, I would love to put some MMA gloves on and get in the Octagon with that troll. I ain't tapping, no matter what, NEVER GIVE UP.......lol....

Post Thanks / Like

Matt Jones - who is that?

It's not the one that used to play for Arkansas, converted to TE in the NFL and got busted a million times for drug use right?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by psprowler View Post
    Matt Jones - who is that?

It's not the one that used to play for Arkansas, converted to TE in the NFL and got busted a million times for drug use right?
    No it's some idiot former lawyer who decided he knew everything there was to know about sports and PROCLAIMED himself a ''SPORTCASTER/BLOGGER/CAT PAUSE WANNA BE/RADIO/CN2 TV GUY''. The only thing he knows is Kentucky is the bomb and everybody else stinks, seriously thats about all he really knows. He is the most obnoxious dog turd on planet earth. I get mad enough to smack a midgit at the mere sight of him and his voice to me is like fingernails on a chalk board. If he choked on a chicken bone I'd probably laugh....

I do know who you are talking about though and that guy was a train wreck for sure.
    Last edited by mhall; 08-16-2011 at 11:18 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I would love a shot at Matt Jones!!! I can't stand that tool. I would love to bash that moron.

Best thing ever, there is a guy on Insidetheville that copied the link and the quote from Matt Jones past. Jones has been hanging on Cal's sack all this time, but on the night of the Memphis/Kansas national title game, Matt Jones called coach Cal a cheater of epic proprtions and said he wanted Kansas to win because he hated everything coach Cal stood for LOL!