Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Headed to TC in the am...

Hoping to avoid the crowds at TC tomorrow morning...I have the need to rip some lips! Anyone is welcome to join me...just look for the big guy with the FR, that's me!

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Headed to TC in the am...

I believe every Minanite (sp?) in the state was at TC this morning! Must have been a hundred of them or more....camped out right on the river! They worked it over like a well oiled machine...they had people running the filled stringers back to the camp, while others brought empty ones back....so illegal, its not even funny! Of course, no KDFWR officer would ever show his face at TC...just turn a blind eye!

Still caught a lot of fish, embetween the mess of powerbait lines dangling from the bridges and banks.

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Booooooo! Shame on them!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Headed to TC in the am...

Quote Originally Posted by RICHYD4U View Post
    I believe every Minanite (sp?) in the state was at TC this morning! Must have been a hundred of them or more....camped out right on the river! They worked it over like a well oiled machine...they had people running the filled stringers back to the camp, while others brought empty ones back....so illegal, its not even funny! Of course, no KDFWR officer would ever show his face at TC...just turn a blind eye!

Still caught a lot of fish, embetween the mess of powerbait lines dangling from the bridges and banks.

-Rich
    Mennonite Bait Chunkers ! I have a friend that owns a 750 acre farm that
    He uses strictly for Hunting. He plants food crops for Deer and Turkey. And goes to great lengths to grow Trophy Bucks , Etc. He said His biggest problem was the Amish neighbors ! They Hunt illegally all year long !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Get them on the trail cameras and sue their pants off. If the landowner gets it on tape a prosecutor will have to do something about it or go before the bar to explain himself. That burns my biscuits! A poacher is a poacher.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deaddrift84 View Post
    Get them on the trail cameras and sue their pants off. If the landowner gets it on tape a prosecutor will have to do something about it or go before the bar to explain himself. That burns my biscuits! A poacher is a poacher.
    Amen brother....I burns me up that the KDFWR always turns a bling eye towards the Amish/Mennanites. They live in the U.S. as well, and are subject to the same laws as all of us! Just because they chose to live the way they do, doesn't give them an excuse to break the law! I've seen them not only at TC keeping hundreds of trout in a day, but I've seen them keep every hybrid they catch at Barren, no matter the size. I've got nothing against them as a people, but come on....the law is the LAW!!!

TC would be awesome if it wasn't for the Mennanite population. All those fish would hang out and disperse in TC, making it so much better than it is. Instead, the fish are taken out as soon as they hit the water! Sad.

-Rich