Search Fishin.com

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Bus campaign tour

say what you may about the President and the bus, but the truth is, the cost of him using the bus, is pennies compared to him using the plane airforce one, that all the other Presidents used to travel all over the country. the bus cost 1.1 million the plane airforce one cost 300 million.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waterdog101 View Post
    say what you may about the President and the bus, but the truth is, the cost of him using the bus, is pennies compared to him using the plane airforce one, that all the other Presidents used to travel all over the country. the bus cost 1.1 million the plane airforce one cost 300 million.

waterdog you are exactly right--the bus ended up saving money and a majority of the cost ended up in the hands of the tennessee dealership not canada

for some folks the hate tends to cloud their judgement

Post Thanks / Like

OK I'm gonna throw you Obama lovers a bone. He did one good thing he sent the best of the best to Frag Bin Laden. That was WELL DONE in every shape and form.

Now, I'm done with what he's done right. I want some of you Obama worshippers to tell me ONE, JUST ONE solitary thing other than that, that this guy has done right or that has been GOOD for the country????

i'm waiting Libs, Tick Tock Tick Tock............????

Post Thanks / Like

Crickets Chirping.......................................... .............................

Post Thanks / Like

Night sounds, crickets, bugs, silence.....................................tick tock tick tock

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    Night sounds, crickets, bugs, silence.....................................tick tock tick tock
    Three words baby.............

CASH FOR CLUNKERS!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Signed the HIRE Act to stimulate the economic recovery (2010) * Note: The bill includes: tax cuts for small businesses who hire someone unemployed for at least two months; small businesses can write off their investments in equipment this year; etc.

? Signed historic Wall Street reform bill (2010) * Note: Designed to reregulate and end abusive practices and promote consumer protections

? Increased infrastructure spending (roads, bridges, power plants?) (2009) * Note: Bush was the first president since Herbert Hoover to not make infrastructure a priority

? Authorized a $789 billion economic stimulus plan (2009) * Note: 1/3 in tax cuts for working-class families; 1/3 to states for infrastructure projects; 1/3 to states to prevent the layoff of police officers, teachers, etc. at risk of losing their jobs because of state budget shortfalls

? Authorized the ?Cash for Clunkers? program that stimulated auto sales and removed old, inefficient, polluting cars from the road (2009)

? Ended the Bush-era policy of protecting credit card companies (2009) * Note: In place of the old policy, new consumer protections were instituted and the industry?s predatory practices were banned

? Authorized the federal government to make more loans available to small businesses and ordered lower rates for federal loans to small businesses (2009

Placed a 35% tariff on Chinese tires and a few other products such as pipes after China was found to be illegally ?dumping? exports below cost (2009) * Note: Clinton, Bush I, and Reagan all refused to ?get tough? on China?s predatory trade practices; Bush II refused four times during his presidency

? Signed historic Wall Street reform bill (2010) * Note: Designed to reregulate and end abusive practices and promote consumer protections

? Signed the HIRE Act to stimulate the economic recovery (2010) * Note: The bill includes: tax cuts for small businesses who hire someone unemployed for at least two months; small businesses can write off their investments in equipment this year; etc.

? Expanded agricultural credit to farmers during current economic crisis (2010
    Signed bill ? US Manufacturing Enhancement Act (2010)
    Negotiated a deal with Swiss banks to permit the US government to gain access to records of tax evaders and criminals (2009)

? Ended the Bush-era policy of offering tax benefits to corporations who outsource American jobs (2009) * Note: The new policy promotes in-sourcing investments to brings jobs back to the US

Signed the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act which provides small tax cuts for 95% of ?working families

Ordered the closing of offshore tax safe havens (for individual and business tax evaders
    Extended the Home Buyers Credit for first-time home buyers (2009)
    ? Proposed doubling the child tax credit (2010)
    ? Called for the repeal of the capital gains tax for small businesses

i can continue if you would like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by apb View Post
    A summary of the article since you apparently did not read it closely: The shell was made by a Canadian company as they are the only ones that built something that could be modified in the way needed. All mods were done by a company in Nashville, TN. They also ordered another bus just like it for the republican candidate.
    Buying the shell out of country is to much for me, if it couldn't be 100% Amercian then he should have resorted to other means of transportation or none at all or kept the old jalopy he had that had the 22's on it...saved some tax payer money in the mean time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by psprowler View Post
    Three words baby.............

CASH FOR CLUNKERS!!!!!
    Man I hear that! Instead of putting Nobama's face on a plaque with the rest of the presidents of the United States, they ought to just put a picture of an old rusted out Plymouth Valiant or Dodge Dart...people would still associate the picture with the name.

Post Thanks / Like

Note: I was being facetious when I mentioned cash for clunkers.......took a lot of decent vehicles off the road and lowered the carbon footprint by one trillionth of a percent.

A lot of people strapped for cash would have loved to buy some of those perfectly running vehicles at discounted prices.

Mom traded in a 1998 Ranger that got over 20mpg. Perfectly fine vehicle. Now it's a lunchbox.

But it did stimulate some new car sales - mostly to those that shouldn't have been buying something new in the first place.

Post Thanks / Like

On almost every single one of those vetbass there is a caviat that makes them a bust. Too much to break down and type, but you are reaching hard my friend reaching real hard, lol. Most of those were totallu useless to the economy and have us in the shape we are now, which is on the brink of a National DEPRESSION, Sans the recession.

But if you want to keep going with posting his futile useless efforts, go right ahead, LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chubminnow View Post
    Man I hear that! Instead of putting Nobama's face on a plaque with the rest of the presidents of the United States, they ought to just put a picture of an old rusted out Plymouth Valiant or Dodge Dart...people would still associate the picture with the name.
    LOL @ Tim. I had a Dodge Dart that the backseat folded down forwards and the rear compartment folded down into the trunk, I made it into a bed with pillows, covers, it was just like home.

You should have seen some of the girls faces when I picked them up for a date in that thing.

318 in that car and it run forever until I fell asleep and put it on the railraod tracks, then a stop sign then a telephone pole all in the same episode, a story for another time, ouch, lol.