Search Fishin.com

Thread: velvet bucks

Post Thanks / Like

velvet bucks

watched a beanfield this evening....oh boy ! a 6 point, 2 bruiser 8 pts and a "something point" with a drop tine. oh man a real live in person drop tine ! been lucky enough to kill a bunch of deer over the years but never had a chance at a real live drop tine. heres hopin !.

anybody seein any "bigguns" , its gettin close

Post Thanks / Like

Re: velvet bucks

Quote Originally Posted by stripernut View Post
    watched a beanfield this evening....oh boy ! a 6 point, 2 bruiser 8 pts and a "something point" with a drop tine. oh man a real live in person drop tine ! been lucky enough to kill a bunch of deer over the years but never had a chance at a real live drop tine. heres hopin !.

anybody seein any "bigguns" , its gettin close
    Yes, I see them every day. I have a fish pond about 300 ft. from my back porch and deer come down to drink and cool off under the trees. One of my neighbors has a pear tree that is loaded with pears and the deer are having a feast across the road from my house. The sad thing is that they come out late in the evening and early in the morning and are being killed by vehicles. Six have been killed, in site of my house, within the past two weeks. My husband was sitting on our front porch about a ten days ago and saw a truck hit a huge buck and kill it. The guy jumped out, threw the deer on the back of his truck and sped away. It always upsets me to see deer that are killed by vehicles; it's almost like the drivers are either not paying attention or don't care if they hit the deer.

I hope you get a trophy buck when season comes in.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: velvet bucks

thanks, i will let my 16 yr old son or my 19 yr old daughter have the first crack at the beanfield (if they are still around)(the deer i mean lol) , but with school and all of their other obligations......i will "have" to watch the field when they cant lol.