Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

What's the best boat cleaner??? Fiberglass

I have been there and fished it this year. From Guntersville to Lake Erie. Well my boat is now blessed with a lovely brown mildew line on my white fiberglass boat. What does everyone use to clean your boat and where can I get it cheap?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's the best boat cleaner??? Fiberglass

I use 1/4 white vinegar & 3/4 water in a normal size spray bottle works good on grim I believe I read about It in bassmaster magazine, all I use now
    -charlie

Post Thanks / Like

Go to Wal Mart or Dollar Store & get a bottle of stuff called "THE WORKS", Tub & Shower Cleaner. Instantly removes the yellowish / brownish stain. $1.25 or so for a 16 oz bottle. A friend in Gallatin County Bass Club put me onto that stuff 10 years ago. I've since spread the word and have been thanked by many. I just wet a towel with it and wipe it on. POOF the stain is gone and your boat's new again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mybentrod View Post
    I have been there and fished it this year. From Guntersville to Lake Erie. Well my boat is now blessed with a lovely brown mildew line on my white fiberglass boat. What does everyone use to clean your boat and where can I get it cheap?
    Depending on how set in your scum line is you can do two things:

If it is set in, use a product called Nu-Hull (it is an acid, so follow the directions) to remove the scum line. I ordered mine online. Then wax your hull with a quality wax. Treat regularly with Bass Boat Saver per directions on the bottle. I have a white hull and this works well for me. If you stay on top of the scum line with Bass Boat Saver, you will only have to use Nu-Hull once.

If scum line is not set in, use Bass boat Saver to remove. You can order it online or find it at several boat and tackle shops around.

Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash5150 View Post
    Depending on how set in your scum line is you can do two things:

If it is set in, use a product called Nu-Hull (it is an acid, so follow the directions) to remove the scum line. I ordered mine online. Then wax your hull with a quality wax. Treat regularly with Bass Boat Saver per directions on the bottle. I have a white hull and this works well for me. If you stay on top of the scum line with Bass Boat Saver, you will only have to use Nu-Hull once.

If scum line is not set in, use Bass boat Saver to remove. You can order it online or find it at several boat and tackle shops around.

Good luck.
    I second the bass boat saver. Most people don't like to take the time to do it but if you keep a towel in your boat take an extra 10 minutes and wipe it down with bass boat saver after you take out. If you wipe it down every time you won't have a scum line problem and it protects against oxidation.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, thanks guys