Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holiday fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Holiday fishing

Anyone got a recommendation on place to fish this weekend that may not be overrun with people and is within an hour drive of Louisville? I can float on my kayak or fish from shore. Looking to catch some smallmouth, but will settle for whatever.

I was also considering Cumberland River below Wolf Creek Dam, but figure that will be packed. Do you think if I float down a mile or so I might find some solitude?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Holiday fishing

Check out the Little KY River. I used to wade a section in Trimble County. I would start just below the dam. I can't recall the name of the town where I am talking about though. Sorry, I have CRS

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I think I can figure it out. Still got a week or so to figure it all out. The up side to my wife working all weekend is I get to fish, bike, run, sleep, and occassionally partake in an adult beverage all weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rdenny View Post
    Thanks. I think I can figure it out. Still got a week or so to figure it all out. The up side to my wife working all weekend is I get to fish, bike, run, sleep, and occassionally partake in an adult beverage all weekend.
    ....and take your wife out to dinner when she gets home.

Post Thanks / Like

Of course I will! I am not ashamed to admit she is the bread winner in the family, so she deserves it.

Post Thanks / Like

Of course I will! I am not ashamed to admit she is the bread winner in the family, so she deserves it.
    You sound like your a good man, she's lucky to have you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carter1 View Post
    Check out the Little KY River. I used to wade a section in Trimble County. I would start just below the dam. I can't recall the name of the town where I am talking about though. Sorry, I have CRS

sulphur ?????

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone got a recommendation on place to fish this weekend that may not be overrun with people and is within an hour drive of Louisville? I can float on my kayak or fish from shore. Looking to catch some smallmouth, but will settle for whatever.

I was also considering Cumberland River below Wolf Creek Dam, but figure that will be packed. Do you think if I float down a mile or so I might find some solitude?
    Come to Vevay, IN you can put your kyak in Indian Creek here on my farm you will be above the limit of bass boats the smallies in this creek will tear you up!!
    Drop me an e-mail if you want.

Post Thanks / Like

Sulphur! That's it Ironhead, thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Chris, I sent you an email. Might check your spam, since it came from my work email. And thanks again for the offer. I am new to fishing (and this board) and I have been impressed with the people on here.

Post Thanks / Like

Carter, where is the dam there? I admit I was having trouble figuring out where you were talking about and dismissed the idea, but now that I have the town I am looking at it again. Once in Sulphur, where would I head?

Post Thanks / Like

I was looking on maps trying to figure out exactly where it is. The best I can see right now is Hwy 42 to 157. It has been a long, long time since I have been there. The bridge was an old iron one-lane type. And it is right at the dam. I hope you are able to find it. As I remember there was a lot of grass along the edges in places. If you go there let me know how the fishing was.