Post Thanks / Like

Question someone said barren was on fire said they was whacking the bass

is this true said night and day was killer right now

Post Thanks / Like

Re: someone said barren was on fire said they was whacking the bass

Pulling your chain I'm sure.....

Post Thanks / Like

I know someone personally who pounded on some fish there recently......no details, he didn't share too much, but I trust em.....

Post Thanks / Like

well this guy caught 60 bass he said none under 2 lb

Post Thanks / Like

Thats possible. I got on a school last week of 40+ (lost count) except for the fact that the biggest may have went 2lb. :{

Post Thanks / Like

I went the night before last and our biggest 5 would've went about 15-16 lbs. Several 3 lbs and a couple of 3.5's. Probably 20 fish total. Not a bad night bite going on right now on Barren.

Post Thanks / Like

its hit or miss right now
    found this to be interesting

the water in lake has been stratified with warm surface water and cooler water in the depths. Fish often hold in the cooler water down deep if there is enough oxygen in it to support them.
    You can tell when this happens in a couple of ways. The normally clear water becomes murky without rain causing it. You may notice a stale, rotten odor as the unoxygenated deeper water comes to the top. And the fish you had counted on to be schooled up deep are no longer in the same places.

The fish also go on a feeding spree. You will find them in shallow water where they haven't been for months. They know the changes mean cold weather is on the way and they need to stock up to get ready for the lean months. Females start to develop their eggs so they will be ready to spawn when the temperatures warm again.Fishing can be tough after the turnover. The fish are scattered and hard to pattern. They can be anywhere and will feed at any time. The way to combat this situation is fish fast and hit a lot of different types of structures. Don't expect to catch a bunch of fish in one place since they are less likely to be schooled up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by homie452 View Post
    its hit or miss right now
    found this to be interesting

the water in lake has been stratified with warm surface water and cooler water in the depths. Fish often hold in the cooler water down deep if there is enough oxygen in it to support them.
    You can tell when this happens in a couple of ways. The normally clear water becomes murky without rain causing it. You may notice a stale, rotten odor as the unoxygenated deeper water comes to the top. And the fish you had counted on to be schooled up deep are no longer in the same places.

The fish also go on a feeding spree. You will find them in shallow water where they haven't been for months. They know the changes mean cold weather is on the way and they need to stock up to get ready for the lean months. Females start to develop their eggs so they will be ready to spawn when the temperatures warm again.Fishing can be tough after the turnover. The fish are scattered and hard to pattern. They can be anywhere and will feed at any time. The way to combat this situation is fish fast and hit a lot of different types of structures. Don't expect to catch a bunch of fish in one place since they are less likely to be schooled up.

I haven't seen any for sure signs, other than the Corps WQR, that points to the lake turnover yet. It certainly can happen in some areas and not others though.

I'll say this though, i've caught more smallmouth in the past two weeks then i have all year. I'm positive it has to do with the baits i'm throwing.

Post Thanks / Like

Pulling your leg for sure. Recent tourney results will show the same. There has been some decent bags brought in, but weights drasticall fall after 2nd or 3rd. Your better quality fish have scattered. Alot of dinks to be found, not uncommon to find one spot and catch 30-40. Here today gone tomm. One afternoon/night could be decent with a limit, but the next night might be a zero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mkmsports41 View Post
    Pulling your leg for sure. Recent tourney results will show the same. There has been some decent bags brought in, but weights drasticall fall after 2nd or 3rd. Your better quality fish have scattered. Alot of dinks to be found, not uncommon to find one spot and catch 30-40. Here today gone tomm. One afternoon/night could be decent with a limit, but the next night might be a zero.
    Fished Barren for a couple of hours 4 days the last 2 weeks. On Tues. we caught 12 bass. 3 were keepers. 15 inches. 1 spot in the group that was the biggest. Fishing shakey head in 15-20 ft. of water.
    Crappie fished one afternoon for 2 hours. Caught 12 good fish, up to 12 in.
    fished only minnows, not jigs (wanted to catch some). Fish in 15 ft. on brush piles on main lake.