Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Charity request in the mail today

I received a charity request in the mail today that caused me to fall on the floor laughing my butt off. I guess I shouldn't be so cruel, cynical and cold but the "title" on the envelope just sent me over the edge.

Here it is " You can help feed an elderly Russian Jew for just $2.40 a day."

Here is the backround on "Leah" '

Quote: Leah has suffered a lifetime of grief in ways that you and I cannot imagine. And now, this dear 86 year old Jewish woman in Russia doesn't even know if she will have food to eat, or if she will have heat to keep warm during the year-round cold. Leah is all alone because her husband died in World War 11, and the Nazis who invaded Russia during the war killed her children. Stalin's communist regime murdered her brothers and sisters. And now Leah is both ill and unable to walk without aid, yet she has no wheelchair. End quote.

I've got nothing against the elderly (heck,I am one) or people of any faith but, really, we now have requests narrowed down to old, Russian, Jewish women? The inside letter was a real tear jerker as the women lost her husband in WWII. Really? That war was over in 1945, 66 years ago. How the heck did she survive this long without my help. She was 20 years old when her husband died in the war. Well,granny, however you did it, keep on doing it 'cause you ain't getting $2.40 a day from me.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Charity request in the mail today

Prolly some group out of Nigeria trying to get you to forward them your back account number and SSN.

Post Thanks / Like

Just more proof that racism is alive and well and none of us is immune. Just look at Tyme, turning his back on eldery russian jewish women!

Post Thanks / Like

Tyme you surely sent this poor women some grocery money didn't you?

Post Thanks / Like

Stratosjoe you know if Tyme sent her grocery money she could eat for a day but-----if he taught her how to fish------

beep beep

Post Thanks / Like

If I taught her how to fish, she certainly would starve.

Post Thanks / Like

Send her the $2.40 and tell her to NOT use it on food. Instead, spend the money and get her picture and bio in the next edition of Mailorder Russian Jew Brides. Some lost sole with plenty of food will surely marry her and bring her to the states with no questions asked. Then she can apply for and will receive Food Stamps and other Government programs, of which she NEVER paid a nickle into, and will be fat and happier than the rest of us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elnutsmalljaws View Post
    Send her the $2.40 and tell her to NOT use it on food. Instead, spend the money and get her picture and bio in the next edition of Mailorder Russian Jew Brides. Some lost sole with plenty of food will surely marry her and bring her to the states with no questions asked. Then she can apply for and will receive Food Stamps and other Government programs, of which she NEVER paid a nickle into, and will be fat and happier than the rest of us.
    Now ain't that the truth Elnut........