Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Dedication of 9/11 Memorial at Kentucky Veterans Cemetery

There will be an unveiling and dedication of the 9/11 Memorial that has been built at Kentucky Veterans Cemetery Central (Near Radcliff, across from Fort Knox Base). 2501 North Dixie Blvd. Radcliff, KY
    The feature will be 16 foot tall girder, that was retrieved from the ruble of the World Trade Center, and will be perched upon 6 foot tall of cylinder of granite.
    This dedication will occur on Sunday, September the 11th, The 10th Anniversary at 2:00 pm! The program will be approx. 30 mins. long. There will be all the active military branches attending, veterans from all branches, Rolling Thunder, Patriot Guard, many dignitaries and patriots along with performers with live music.
    Emily Portman, singer, song writer will be there performing "God Bless America Again". Also Gary Brangers, song writer, will be performing his song "A Nation is Crying" .
    Come to and join us on this historic and patriotic occasion! This is a public event.
    Thanks, Mel Borich, USN Veteran,
    Kosair Shrine Legion of Honor,
    9/11 Memorial Committee

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dedication of 9/11 Memorial at Kentucky Veterans Cemetery

Thanks for posting. They will never be forgotten!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for posting. I live a mile away from there and work on Ft Knox and have not heard anything about it. I would normally get an email at work about things like this but haven't.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tom523 View Post
    Thank you for posting. I live a mile away from there and work on Ft Knox and have not heard anything about it. I would normally get an email at work about things like this but haven't.

Hey Tom523, if you would please, get the word out to the folks at Knox! You read the announcement it is all going down at 1400 hrs or 2:00pm.
    We would like to have tremendous crowd for the dedication . . please join us on that day! Mel/Oldlures

Post Thanks / Like

Sure thing, I've already been sending out emails.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey all. Mel (old lures) is a good friend of mind. He has been workin his tail off on this event. If you have some time please try to stop by.

Thanks
    Peter

Post Thanks / Like

To add to this, I met Mel this weekend on Sunday at the chicken dinner that his lodge (Sunset Lodge #915) puts on each month, Mel likes his fishing for sure....good guy. Mel this is Tim Caudill...nice meeting you. I hope to make it out next Sunday if at all possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Mel is a great guy met him a while back. Thank you for all of your hard work sir.One day we're goin to get out on that ole river! Chuck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chubminnow View Post
    To add to this, I met Mel this weekend on Sunday at the chicken dinner that his lodge (Sunset Lodge #915) puts on each month, Mel likes his fishing for sure....good guy. Mel this is Tim Caudill...nice meeting you. I hope to make it out next Sunday if at all possible.

Thank You Tim, for the most kind words . . you are a fine man. . just like your dad! He was very special to me amd always would share yours and his fishing successfulness and reports on your fishing adventures.
    We had a great dedication ceremony . . . some where between 850 and 1,000 to attend and I am still getting reports how wonderful of an event and how the memorial turned out! Many folks thought we went out and hired a publicist or event promoter for the occassion; but I assure you this was done in house with the Kentucky Veterans Cemetery director and myself. Everyone said how moving and patriotic it was!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    Hey all. Mel (old lures) is a good friend of mind. He has been workin his tail off on this event. If you have some time please try to stop by.

Thanks
    Peter

Peter, thank you for you kind words and endorsement! The 9/11 Memorial. It is truly something to see! Unfortunately, I am going into a depression now that it is up and "Standing Tall" for all to enjoy and see . . I truly have no deadlines, scheduling and planing meetings . . I don't have anything glamorous in my life except 'honey do list' at home, which is not near as exciting. LOL
    We do have have the three granite walls behind the World Trade Center beam feature but we are in waiting for some donations to come in! We have a debt to the monument company now that we need to get paid down before we can proceed further. Any one knowing of some wealthy Patriots out there that can help . . please let me know!
    Thanks
    Mel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat12 View Post
    Mel is a great guy met him a while back. Thank you for all of your hard work sir.One day we're goin to get out on that ole river! Chuck
    Chuck, Thanks for your kind words and endorsement! This to me was not work but was a pleasure to truly do something important for all those that lost their lives on that fateful day of 9/11 and for all the fighting sevice men and women that have lost their lives defending this country, against terrorism in Iraq and Afghanistan!
    I am looking forward to getting out on the ole river with you . . your are the man! Thanks Chuck. Mel