Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Guide Service KY for Stripers

Hello,

Looking to travel in possibly OCT/NOV timeframe and looking for a Striper guide. I assume Cumberland is the best bet? I know nothing is guaranteed but is there a good chance to catch some with decent size that time of year?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Guide Service KY for Stripers

Check the fishing reports section on this site, there are two striper guides that post here and there are several others on links here.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you have a real good chance of catching plenty of stripers. As far as catching big stripers, that is a good time of year but the number of big stripers was reduced by a couple of die offs the last couple of years. I would check out Lance Sasser or Jared Harmon. Good guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Lance Sasser 606-307-1711
    He can't be beat and he's the nicest guy you'll meet.

Jim Durham 866-575-3770
    I don't know him personally but he does reports here.

Lots of other good ones...

Ky Trophy fishing (Randell Gibson) posts on here http://www.kytrophyfishing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I've looked around, seems to be a bunch of guides, do they all just allow 2 stripers per person and then the trip is over or do they move to other species? Of course I guess it could take the full 6-8hrs to find the bigger one's to keep.

thanks for the recommendations

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beastman View Post
    Well, I've looked around, seems to be a bunch of guides, do they all just allow 2 stripers per person and then the trip is over or do they move to other species? Of course I guess it could take the full 6-8hrs to find the bigger one's to keep.

Each guide is different, you need to contact each one of them if you are interested. Too many variants to go into on this theread, but do contact the guides, some/most do offer variant off their standard day trips. Good fishing to yea!

Post Thanks / Like

2 Stripers per person is the state regulations. I am pretty sure it is also against the law to have your limit of Stripers or any species of fish and still be fishing or targeting that fish (I could be wrong on this but I think I am correct). Some guides will even say you have to keep the first 2 fish per person that meet the 24" minimum while others will throw them back in an attempt to catch a bigger fish, this is a guide by guide basis. My guess is with the water temps being what they will be in Oct/Nov, there is much less a chance of the fish dieing if they put it back so you may have a better chance of them releasing the smaller keepers in trying for a bigger fish. Yes there are a TON of guides that fish Cumberland, at one time I was told there were over a 100 guides that were liscensed to fish for Stripers on Cumberland, not saying this is exactly true but the fella that told me is pretty much in the know when it comes to Stripers and Cumberland. As far as all day goes, it could take 8 hours or you could pull up on a school that covers a 1/2 acre of water busting shad so much that you could walk on heads of fish to get to the bank, make 2 cast and pull in 2 keepers. Seen it take all day to limit out, seen 15 boats limit out at the Mouth of Indian Creek in about 20 minutes. I will say, if I had my choice of a trip in Oct/Nov, I would make it as close to the end of October or Early November if I had my choice. Love it the best when the water temps have dropped to 60-65 range for some good topwater action.

Post Thanks / Like

I would go with Ky Trophy fishing (Randell Gibson) He is based on Cumberland River. Monster striprers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 45lbs plus no joke!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hello,

Looking to travel in possibly OCT/NOV timeframe and looking for a Striper guide. I assume Cumberland is the best bet? I know nothing is guaranteed but is there a good chance to catch some with decent size that time of year?
    Be sure to talk to Lance Sasser...He's a top guide on LC and works HARD.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "The Man" View Post
    I would go with Ky Trophy fishing (Randell Gibson) He is based on Cumberland River. Monster striprers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 45lbs plus no joke!!
    Question, are those 45 lb ders out LC or the Cumberland River? Know Randell fishes both.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the difference in what you are keeping and still fishing for that species is more in the way you keep them. For instance, I am fishing in a bass tournament. I keep my fish in a livewell and when I catch a bigger one I let the smallest one go. On the otherhand if I am keeping fish in a cooler then those are for keeping. Now fishing for a species once you have your limit on ice might be a fine line. As long as you let them go I don't see a problem. Afterall, who's to say you aren't fishing for a different species.

Post Thanks / Like

Striper Phil, Conley Bottom Guide service is excellent. Give him a call 606-271-2247. He was a wildlife officer and knows the Lake as good as anybody. He can always put you on fish, size is out of his control.