Search Fishin.com

Thread: POTUS Speech

Post Thanks / Like

POTUS Speech

I don't like the guy or his approach to most things but I hope he has some new ideas tonight. I expect him to blame GW at least once and then to put this as a do it my way or I'll blame the GOP for the economic job losses under my watch.
    I can't imagine what he is gonna say that hasn't been said a hundred times already. He is gonna ask for more money and that can't be good.....

Post Thanks / Like

Re: POTUS Speech

Probably will be more of a campaign speech, with a large emphasis on Social Security. Probably will be some "I did this" and "I did that" kind of feel good crap too...probably will mention something about bringing troops home and that he "cares" about everyone.

Doubt he'll say much about jobs since I've yet to hear a viable plan to address the situation....tired of him pointing fingers, let's hear some solutions dang it!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not watching him carry the union thugs water. He aint a POTUS, he's a POS.

2012 can't come fast enuff!

Post Thanks / Like

Spend spend spend! Cheese and rice!

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama will lay out a jobs package worth more than $300 billon on Thursday, staking his re-election hopes on a call for urgent bipartisan action to revive the faltering economy. With his poll numbers sliding to new lows amid voter frustration with 9.1 percent unemployment, Obama will make tax cuts for middle-class households and businesses the centerpiece of the plan and will press for new spending to repair roads, bridges and other deteriorating infrastructure. He will use his televised speech before a joint session of the U.S. Congress, at 7 p.m. EDT, to urge passage of those measures by year-end.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't want to steal your thunder, but have you hear about the "little cat fight" going on out in Washington state. Two unions going at it, AND I'M A UNION SUPPORTER???....WAS/COULD BE/ JEZZ?

Possibly this relates to jobs....???? OR which union is in control?....me feeble brain needs some help on this one.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nati...-longview.html
    Last edited by FlyLie; 09-08-2011 at 06:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Pass It Right Away! Hmm.

Best i can tell it's obamacare 0.0. Give him credit for trying to pass something that noone has any idea what it contains.

Pass It Right Away, pass what? What does he want passed? Right away?

Why does it seem that everything has to be "Right Away" with this administration?

Obamacare has hamstrung this economy and EVERY WORKING AMERICAN, i guarantee everyone paying for health insurance watched their prices go up after it passed. Mine 48%.

NO MORE "RIGHT AWAY" DIPSHIT, no more "right away" dipshit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TimE View Post
    Pass It Right Away, pass what? What does he want passed? Right away?
    The best I can tell, what he wants passed right away is a check to be cashed for 300 billion dollars so the government can once again spend it as THEY see fit to do so. The spending spree hasn't worked thus far so it most likely won't work again. Sort of like putting a band aid on something that needs stitches.

I will give NObama his due, he sure was a fired up rascal last night...I thought I saw his lips quivering a couple of times in between the times when he was trying to think about was he was about to say next. I sensed his frustration with congress and his frustration with being POTUS (Yes, I think he's tired of not being able to do get the job done persay). I seriously liked his speech but...show me the plan NObama! What plans besides a lump sum of cash are in place so that we will out educate and out innovate EVERY other country in this world? What plans are in place to ensure that Asia, China and Japan will drive Fords, Chevrolets and Chryslers? A big pot of money to spend IMMEDIATELY is NOT the answer NObama!

Come to me with plans of attack FIRST, not just idea's, and THEN come asking me for some money!!

Post Thanks / Like

This wasn't a jobs plan this was a re-election plan.

Mitch McConnell

Post Thanks / Like

I watched some of it and watched some of CNN and Fox to see their take on it. I tend to agree with most folks that it is a re-election strategy. He and his cronies are very good at this....Pander to the Independants and GOP with tax cuts for employers and employees but still ask for more money to help the Unions (JMO).

He never really talked of his Stimulus package that has fizzled so now it's called a Jolt to the economy but are we not gonna do the same thing with that money? This guy has done so much flip floppin, lying, shady and potentially illegal stuff that he can't get much done anymore. He is a waste of a salary....NEXT!!