Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Angry So it ain't so.....

Manning out for 2-4 months......that ***** for us Colts fans and football fans in general!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: So it ain't so.....

Quote Originally Posted by lroberts View Post
    Manning out for 2-4 months......that ***** for us Colts fans and football fans in general!
    Don't worry Tressel will find a way to circumvent the salary cap plus recruit some other Hall of Fame QB to run the team, look the other way and then lie about it to whomever finds out.

But seriously, Peyton is the Most Valuable Player / Most Important Player to his team more so than any other player to any other team. More important than Brady is to the Patriots or Brees is to the Saints or any player to any other team. Big time blow for the Colts and you can write them off and out of the playoffs. Collins at the helm could barely beat the UK Wildcats much less a NFL team.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it makes a whole lot of difference, unless Manning's running the defense too these days.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm willing to place a large wager that Manning knows more about defensive coverages and assignments than the actual defensive players do...It's a heck of a loss to the NFL...Never been a Colts fan and will usually root against them but you have to have a ton of respect for Peyton and the things he does

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    I'm willing to place a large wager that Manning knows more about defensive coverages and assignments than the actual defensive players do...It's a heck of a loss to the NFL...Never been a Colts fan and will usually root against them but you have to have a ton of respect for Peyton and the things he does
    I would say Peyton knows as much about Defensive coverages than Defensive coordinators do. I saw an interview a few years ago where he spent 6-8 hours in the OFFSEASON studying film. No telling what he spends during the season because the Colts have been nothing without him in the past and it will be proven 110% true over the next couple of months

Post Thanks / Like

I honestly think Manning is the most knowledgeable football player I have ever watched. He is the first qb in my lifetime that called his own plays (at least the only one I can remember). I agree with F I L, it is a loss not only for the Colts, but for the entire league.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree as well fellas. You don't have to like him, but if you are a true football fan you HAVE to respect him. He puts the time in. Also like all you fellas said, he is a coach on the field with mad skills to combine with it. A true Hall of Famer in every sense of the term.

Post Thanks / Like

and not to mention a role model on and off the field...never one bit of negative publicity linked with his name