Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

RichieD "Buzz Bait" is on"

Took the wife to Nolin this am launched at daylite rain was threatening. Rain off and on wife didn't complain hung in there with me fishin. Bass were on the "Buzz bait". Was throwing a 1/2 oz high rider chartreuse with white zoom 2" curly tail. First fish went over 22" that's as long as my measuring stick goes. next went around 20" . Kept catching nice bass til lightning started and my wife thought it be best we head in. Caught 11 bass 4 in the 20" range and 8 over all keepers. Wife caught 2 dinks. Got to get her to quit using that push button reel. Got back to truck at 8:49. Caught those fish in less than 2 hrs. Didn't make it to my regular spots as just went past buoys at Conalawy due to rain. It kinda stings. Best day bass fishing I think I've ever had as I 'm not much on fishing lakes.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: RichieD "Buzz Bait" is on"

I had a decent day on topwater myself. Found water surface temps in the low 70's and was tossing zoom horny toads and buzzbaits. I love that toad hit!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    I had a decent day on topwater myself. Found water surface temps in the low 70's and was tossing zoom horny toads and buzzbaits. I love that toad hit!!!
    Unfortunately lightning ran us off the lake. Big bass sure can bend up a good buzz bait. Gonna have to check out that horney toad. If it's a zoom it's got to be good. Thanks for the tip.

Post Thanks / Like

Did you catch them on main lake or creeks? I haven't been able to get a fish to hit the buzzbait yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't it still a little early for the fish to be going up the creeks yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coombro View Post
    Took the wife to Nolin this am launched at daylite rain was threatening. Rain off and on wife didn't complain hung in there with me fishin. Bass were on the "Buzz bait". Was throwing a 1/2 oz high rider chartreuse with white zoom 2" curly tail. First fish went over 22" that's as long as my measuring stick goes. next went around 20" . Kept catching nice bass til lightning started and my wife thought it be best we head in. Caught 11 bass 4 in the 20" range and 8 over all keepers. Wife caught 2 dinks. Got to get her to quit using that push button reel. Got back to truck at 8:49. Caught those fish in less than 2 hrs. Didn't make it to my regular spots as just went past buoys at Conalawy due to rain. It kinda stings. Best day bass fishing I think I've ever had as I 'm not much on fishing lakes.
    WTG Coombro! That sounds like a blast! I figured as much with the water temps droping the way the have...I just haven't been able to get over there. You have motivated me...I got to get there this week!

Were they tight to the shoreline?

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Rich.....I'm headed for Weds, Thurs, and Fri. Feel like meeting up Friday morning before day break and giving em hell? I've gotta 20ft Nitro. You just know the lake and I wanna rub some of that knowledge off of ya.

Post Thanks / Like

I was there the same day. Boy we got wet. Soon as we got to the lake it started raining. Soon as we got away from Wax it clear right up. Never rained here in Louisville. We didn't catch em like coombro, but we did catch em. Would like to know where coombro was targeting. The bigger fish were really on the buzzbait. Our biggest was four pounds. We caught a lot of dinks on the crankbait. RichieD I always enjoy your posts. I hate it that your leaving town. The buzzbait was about four feet from the bank.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 00SKEETER View Post
    Did you catch them on main lake or creeks? I haven't been able to get a fish to hit the buzzbait yet.
    In main part of Conaloway. Ski buoy's you've gone to far in. Didn't even put 2 miles on boat as the lighting ran us off. Very quick trip. Home by 10am.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RICHYD4U View Post
    WTG Coombro! That sounds like a blast! I figured as much with the water temps droping the way the have...I just haven't been able to get over there. You have motivated me...I got to get there this week!

Were they tight to the shoreline?

-Rich
    Not really to tight seemed to hit half way between boat and bank. Hit it with authority. I'd say I was in 8-12' of water under the boat and maybe 50' or so off bank. hard for me to judge. Weather was threatening as rain was mild and wind blowing. I was thinking "why am I throwing buzz bait in the rain", but they kept slamming it. Nice 2hr trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by findingem View Post
    I was there the same day. Boy we got wet. Soon as we got to the lake it started raining. Soon as we got away from Wax it clear right up. Never rained here in Louisville. We didn't catch em like coombro, but we did catch em. Would like to know where coombro was targeting. The bigger fish were really on the buzzbait. Our biggest was four pounds. We caught a lot of dinks on the crankbait. RichieD I always enjoy your posts. I hate it that your leaving town. The buzzbait was about four feet from the bank.
    As I had my wife with me and in the rain I hit up the first small point left of the ski buoy's. They kept hitting all the way to the first dock. Tried to get to my normal spots yet when lightning struck Wife said lets go. Best bass fishing I've ever had so far as size! Horse shoe was defiantly up my a## Sunday morning.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks coombro, as you said I notice the boat was sitting in 10ft of water. Most of our buzzbait bits were coming out the rocks. I did notice one come out of the water as I pulled the bait out of the water. Figured he just followed the bait to the boat. We got on the lake about 8am and fish to 1:30pm. We also saw a few lightning strikes while we were there. Thanks for the info.