Hey guys
Just a lurker on the forums but the other Taylorsville thread inspired me to speak up and ask for some opinions on where a good spot to bass fish off the bank would be on Taylorsville Lake? I've fished the tailwaters with no luck at all there. Van Buren a few times, but have stopped going there recently because a copperhead literally slithered 2 feet in front of my feet when casting. (I know snakes can be anywhere, but I KNOW they're there! Just haven't gotten the guts to go back just yet! I'm a baby, I know..) I've fished the pull off on down the road from Van Buren where there's a gate at. I believe that's actually getting to be salt river, and is a nice spot to fish under the bridge but it's pretty hard on the ol' Fibromyalgia getting up and down those steep banks. Chowning Lane is where I've had the most luck this summer, fishing rat-l-traps right in front of the parking lot. Caught a nice 16 inch smallie there and that is the only keeper I have ever caught the few times I've fished Taylorsville Lake.

So for those who have banked fish Taylorsville Lake, where do you have the best luck at? For those who don't have any kind of watercraft to get out into the lake it can be pretty frustrating. Just looking for some extra guidance. Thanks!