Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

UK Foootball -National Championship

Well them cards done ruined our chances at a shot of the championship game!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: UK Foootball -National Championship

Quote Originally Posted by coombro View Post
    Well them cards done ruined our chances at a shot of the championship game!
    Don't feel too bad because every other Division 1 College Football team would have to lose the rest of their games for UK to have a shot.

Post Thanks / Like

Which championship game? High school championship or special olympics championship?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    Which championship game? High school championship or special olympics championship?
    It dont matter, you could throw in the 100% blind high school championship, Pee Wee League Championship, Flag Football Championship and Kentucky still not only won't win them they would not even make their respective playoffs

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Joker will be around for 2-3 more years. He's losing a lot of fan base and if he can't produce more than 6 wins with last year's team which had some pretty good talent I just don't think he can get the job done. I could be way off base. I don't think Kentucky will ever be a national championship contender but it would be fun to have some 8 and 9 win seasons and a shot at some decent bowl games.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 00SKEETER View Post
    I don't think Joker will be around for 2-3 more years.
    It amazes me how quickly UK fans turn on their coach. 1 full season and a couple games into the next one, and he's already on the gallows.....I thought Joker was the next big thing for UK with him being an alumni, a born Kentuckian, the first African-American football coach at UK, etc...
    http://www.ukathletics.com/sports/m-...010610aab.html

Post Thanks / Like

Re: UK Football -National Championship

Did the same conversation come about the third year of Kragthorp. UofL fans need to give him a chance. Now the shoe is on the other foot and after one game. "The we need a new coach begins."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zx150 View Post
    Did the same conversation come about the third year of Kragthorp. UofL fans need to give him a chance. Now the shoe is on the other foot and after one game. "The we need a new coach begins."
    Let Calapari loose a couple to Louisville wand watch the fur fly. They would be ready to string him ip I guarantee it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zx150 View Post
    Let Calapari loose a couple to Louisville and watch the fur fly. They would be ready to string him up I guarantee it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    Let Calapari loose a couple to Louisville and watch the fur fly. They would be ready to string him up I guarantee it.
    This will always be a major difference between the two schools. Calipari loses a couple to Louisville he is shown the door but Pitino could lose to Kentucky for the rest of his life and all is well in Cardinal-Land. It is never going to change, Perfection is Expected at Kentucky but being Mediocre is ok with Louisville.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elnutsmalljaws View Post
    This will always be a major difference between the two schools. Calipari loses a couple to Louisville he is shown the door but Pitino could lose to Kentucky for the rest of his life and all is well in Cardinal-Land. It is never going to change, Perfection is Expected at Kentucky but being Mediocre is ok with Louisville.
    Oh please Woody you know enough about sports to know that is bull. That game means nothing but to the fans. It's not a conference game and it has no bearing at where you end up in March really. The UK faithful is just that rabid, where Louisville fans...''For the most part'' try to keep it real...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    Oh please Woody you know enough about sports to know that is bull. That game means nothing but to the fans. It's not a conference game and it has no bearing at where you end up in March really. The UK faithful is just that rabid, where Louisville fans...''For the most part'' try to keep it real...
    Exactly. It's not about settling for mediocrity, it's about having realistic expectations. Some years Louisville has great talent in the game, and then in other years the talent just wasn't found....it's not so much the coach's fault, he does the best with what he has to work with.

As for Kragthorpe, he was handed a locker room full of problems, and did the best with what he had to work with. Someone had to clean up the mess, and he got paid to do just that and then went on his way after it was all said and done. He basically was a filler until a better coach could be found.