Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Drought broken in Southern IN Vanderburgh County and Warrick County

Well after a long two months with very little rain this summer we finally got 2" of rain fall yesterday and it's still raining today.

I wonder how much this will raise the water level at Bluegrass Pit?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Drought broken in Southern IN Vanderburgh County and Warrick County

i hope alot, the lake is very low, caught some bass sunday no keepers, one monster crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Drought broken in Southern IN Vanderburgh County and Warrick County

Quote Originally Posted by psvec View Post
    i hope alot, the lake is very low, caught some bass sunday no keepers, one monster crappie
    What did you catch that crappie on?

We got a lot of rain up there. It will be interesting to see if the water level rose much. I had lots of pictures from the flooding this spring. I worked on Photo Shop today trying to organize all the pictures on my computer. That didn't work out too good. LOL

I did see one picture showing the water up to the rails on the concrete handcapped platform at the South Launch Ramp at Bluegrass Pit. That was as high as it got this April.

I was over there the other day and talked to a few guys launching boats about the water level and the drop offs at the end of the concrete ramps. No one said anything about going into the hole. Still I would like to see the water level come back up a bit.

Post Thanks / Like

It's Sunday and it's been raining all day long. Saturday was cloudy too with a little rain.

I'll bet that the water levels have gone up now!

I took the boat out for a spin Thursday afternoon and found out that I have a water circulation problem inside the engine. I'll have to get the water pump and the pipes and thermostat checked out now. Should have fixed it this spring but didn't realize it was this bad. I thought that only some weeds or muck had blocked the water pipe or something and that had been cleared. But the problem is still there, so it's off to the shop for repairs.

Hopefully we will have some nice weather in Oct and Nov so that I can go fisning a few more times before it gets too cold.

Post Thanks / Like

pink crappie jig

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by psvec View Post
    pink crappie jig
    I bought a 1/4 lb of crappie minnow about 5 days ago and have to keep them alive until I get my boat fixed. So that means I have to change the water in my 5 gallon minnow bucket every day and keep the water cold. I freeze a liter bottle of water and throw that into the minnow bucket to keep the water cold. A 1/4 lb of minnow is about 6 or 8 dozen small minnows. It's a lot cheaper to buy them in bulk than to pay for them by the dozen.

I'll check out some jibs too. I have a lot of Chartruse jigs and I think I have a few pink jigs as well. Thanks for the info.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    It's Sunday and it's been raining all day long. Saturday was cloudy too with a little rain.

I'll bet that the water levels have gone up now!

I took the boat out for a spin Thursday afternoon and found out that I have a water circulation problem inside the engine. I'll have to get the water pump and the pipes and thermostat checked out now. Should have fixed it this spring but didn't realize it was this bad. I thought that only some weeds or muck had blocked the water pipe or something and that had been cleared. But the problem is still there, so it's off to the shop for repairs.

Hopefully we will have some nice weather in Oct and Nov so that I can go fisning a few more times before it gets too cold.

good luck