Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Readers and Lurkers

I hear very often from and of folks that have been reading this site for years and years but have never posted. I even know people that have been fishing all their lives who have told me this. Well, you folks probably know more than many by now because you have read all about it.

Share the wealth of what you know with the rest of us! Speaking for my self, I could use a little help. I don't know all that much about fishing, but I know a lot more now than when I started this site because I have asked questions here. Some of the things I have learned here have led to some pretty immediate and dramatic improvements not to mention saved me a lot of time and money.

There are no concrete answers in fishing. There are too many variables.

Peter Maloney
    Fishin.com
    since 1996

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Readers and Lurkers

Here, here.

Post Thanks / Like

If the spring rains do not swamp Barren like it has the past few years, or better yet Cumberland stripers ever get right, I promise to have more to say. Even with that, this is the very first site I check every day, and do so several times daily. Also to those that seek fishing advice, a little PM'd "thank you" would be nice.

creek

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    Share the wealth of what you know with the rest of us!
    I think many refrain from posting, simply because of the fact they don't want to sound like a know it all.

I'm a believer in that the more you put into the something, the more you'll get back out.....which applies here.

New Washington, Indiana, The good ole U.S.A..
    Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree with everything said here. I do the same as fishincreek, other than my emails this is the first site I come to each & every day I log onto my computer & I check it several times per day. I have met some very nice people on here & have learned a heck of alot. As a matter of fact I have been IMing someone from here about fishing for the past few days. He has been very helpful & told me more than he had too, & for that I am thankful. I am sure I will meet him sometime. We fish the same place quite often from the way I understand it.

I would also like to take this oppertunity to thank Peter for an awesome site. Alot of good people hang out here (& a smelly one too).

Jason

Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure I can be defined as a lurker. I don't post a lot because I honestly don't believe I have much fishing knowledge that you guys don't. I'm in the process of trying to learn all the ropes of fishing the river from the bank. I have gotten considerably better over the summer with the advice of a few on thi site. I just bought a boat this summer and I'm in the process of getting it rigged to be a better fishing boat. It's a 20ft wellcraft runabout. No fishing boat by any means but it will get it done. But anyways my point in responding to this is to introduce myself and say I'll make it a point to try to give some more input into some posts. Happy fishin'!

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Peter
    I have a confession to make. I am an admin myself on LakeCumberland.com plus I am a 1/2 @$$ fisherman. I love to visit this site and get things from the fisherman's point of view. I have learned a lot here and if its important enough I'll even put it on our site also. Hope that's cool with you and I always try to give appropriate credits when I can ?
    We have the same problem as you do on our site. We have tons of lurkers everyday and they could really add a lot to the forum but for what ever reason they never chime in. I can understand some of their fears. Its kind of like public speaking or something I guess.
    Anyway, I wanted to let you know you folks have a fantastic and very informative site. I love it. I can't add anything to the fishing knowledge some of your members posses but I will chime in if I can add something important.
    WW

Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree with bandit, i'm lucky enough to be able to check the site 3-4 times a day, thru the week. I'm very thankful, to peter, of keeping the site, clean, up to date, and pretty simple. It is really great, to hear how someone from, maybe louisville, lexington, or e-town, thinks about nolin, when i grew up about 3 mile from it. I would have never thought i could learn so much. Thanks to peter, and everyone who shares their thoughts and ideas. Tr

Post Thanks / Like

Been here for a while and have learned a lot. I have met some good friends and just all around good folks in person from this site.
    What really sparked my interest about this site was how complete strangers were so willing to help a fellow fisherman. Getting general info off the site and more specific info from PM's have been the way for me.
    Now with smart phones being so fast and easy to surf with.... I visit quite often. Thanks Peter for a great site.

Post Thanks / Like

I really enjoy this sight and it has really help my fishing. I love to be able to respond when I can to help a fellow fisherman. It is true; you get out of something what you put into it.

I think some lurkers may feel intimidated by how knowledgeable some of the folks on this board are and they don't feel they have anything to add or say. I would encourage them to throw it out there; it may be a perspective others might not have considered.

Post Thanks / Like

This thread finally made me register, I don't spend enough time fishing in KY to post that much, and don't fish for bass, but I think I can help out from time to time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Longdrive View Post
    This thread finally made me register, I don't spend enough time fishing in KY to post that much, and don't fish for bass, but I think I can help out from time to time.
    Welcome to the site!