Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Bass Fishing Ponds near Louisville.

Right now I really don't have the time to get to a lake to do some really good bass fishing. But I would like to bass fish a little in some of my spare time. Does anyone have a good suggestion on a good bass fishing public pond in Louisville or close to Louisville? Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bass Fishing Ponds near Louisville.

There aren't many good ones, but there are some. Metro Louisviile's website has a way to access local public fishing spots, like Long Run, McNeely Lake, Floyd's Fork & Tom Wallace. A friend was just telling me about the Jefferson County Sportsman's Club. They've got some land, archery & black powder ranges, a 37 acre lake and a 3 acre pond. It's private, so there's an annual fee of something like $135 per year per family. He told stories about 8-10lb bass caught there, but I'm skeptical of size claims (just look at all the pictures on the internet of 16-inch "five pound" bass). Still, the fishing pressure is probably far less, and they have skeet shoots and other stuff to do. Google the club. It's got a website that talks about what they offer.

Post Thanks / Like

I fished the sportsmens club about 5 years ago and had a big one and a few small ones, they like senkos in there!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. I'm thinking about mcneely. I've been there a few times before in the summmer and a had a little luck bit never in the fall. Has anyone fished there in the fall and had any luck or has any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

My father-in-law is a member of the JCSC. Our luck has been hit or miss. I caught one that went about five pounds one day, but that was also the only fish I caught that day. Some of the members have told us that the lake used to hold some nice crappie, but it seems like they have been thinned out. More often that not we pick up his boat and go fish somewhere else.

Someone else mentioned Long Run Park. You might want to give that a shot, especially if you have a small boat that you can put in.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea long run isn't bad for a metro park. Has some decent bass in it. Biggest I caught out of there was 3.5 lbs a few years back. Lots of 12-13 inchers.