Search Fishin.com

Thread: Taylorsville?

Post Thanks / Like

Taylorsville?

Went down sunday for a few hours, water temp was 72-75 depending where I went. Was able to boat a few, but really had to work for them. Not looking for anyones specific honey holes, but can anyone offer any general advice on this place? Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Taylorsville?

I have been fishing this lake for years and I have yet to figured them out. Either they are biting anything you throw at them or you have to work really hard for them. My advice is to move around and throw different baits (crank baits or slow soft plastics) until you find them, figure out what they want and stick to the particular pattern for that day. Fishing structured banks near the channel is usually most productive for me. This is generally my usual approach. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

I went last week on Monday. We caught 9 bass. Fished from the mouth of creeks to half way back in the creeks. We caught 2 on buzzbaits, 2 on shad raps and the rest on watermelon brush hogs. All fish were in 8 to 12 feet of water. Main lake water temp was 73.5. I have finally started to catch bass at Taylorsville and I haven't been skunked there in a couple years. The problem I have is all my fish are between 10 and 14 inches. Anyone have advice on finding the keepers? Oh yeah, look for the baitfish. Wherever they
    are in the lake the bass will follow.

Post Thanks / Like

The last time I went to Taylorsville (last year) I could easily catch anywhere between 10 and 20 non-keepers. The bigger ones seem to follow the giant gizzard shad that overpopulate the lake. I think that is the biggest problem with it, besides the incredible fishing pressure. I try to avoid that lake, especially after seeing twin outdrive Baja boats getting launched there. That lake is not big enough for that size boat and it seems like there are too many of them on that lake in the summer. I am more than happy to spend an extra 30-45 minutes and go to Green or Nolin.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input guys!