Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

barren river lake has been onfire what will this cold front kill the bite

will this cold fron kill barren bite like tomorrow ?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: barren river lake has been onfire what will this cold front kill the bite

talked to a couple guys fishing a classic down there today and they said the bite has slowed considerably

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: barren river lake has been onfire what will this cold front kill the bite

Are they allowed to talk on a cell phone during the event???

Post Thanks / Like

The bite really seems to have slowed over the last couple of weeks for me. Three weeks ago, I fished on a Friday and boated over 100, which I've never done anywhere before. Since then it's fallen off drastically for me. Yesterday, I boated 22 or 23 and that was on a very complete day's effort. It may just be my style but it seems like about 10% of what I'm catching are greater than the 15" minimum. Lot's of 12 to 14" fish. On a positive note, there doesn't appear to be a single best pattern. You can catch fish using about any technique you can think of.

Post Thanks / Like

No cell phones and the lake is off limits 11 months prior to the fish off. The only rod/reel combo you can use is a Zebco 33 on an ugly stick. Only bait permitted is a wobbling whopper plopper in plumtruese. And they all have to fish out of row boats.

Figured since there are lots of people on here stirring chit, I'd stir my share.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: barren river lake has been onfire what will this cold front kill the bite

Quote Originally Posted by CMIDD View Post
    No cell phones and the lake is off limits 11 months prior to the fish off. The only rod/reel combo you can use is a Zebco 33 on an ugly stick. Only bait permitted is a wobbling whopper plopper in plumtruese. And they all have to fish out of row boats.

Figured since there are lots of people on here stirring chit, I'd stir my share.
    No stirring chit here. What I posted is exactly what I've done. Cranks, spinnerbaits, plastics and swimbaits on different types of structure. I don't tournament fish and have no reason to mislead anyone.

Post Thanks / Like

He was talking about you pointer...He was talking about KR that's just trying to stick his nose into somewhere it doesn't belong and stir up a bunch of crap....If you don't have any input to make on the post, just keep it to yourself

Post Thanks / Like

Pointer, my comment wasn't directed at you in any way! Sorry if you took it that way. I appreciate your report as well as I'm sure a lot of others on here do. I was talking about the cell phone comment. I agree with Fishin, if all someone is going to do is make a snide comment, I'd just as soon they keep their mouth shut. Or take it to the off topic board. Theres plenty of keyboard commandos there.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry that was supposed to say he wasNT talking about you pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Dang...some of you are having a kotex moment....take a chill pill!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I sure hope the bite hasn't slowed at Barren...its been really exciting! With the warm-up back into the 80's this week, it should pick back up IMO. I will be up there and let you all know what I find this week.

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Guys ... Where is the best place to launch at Barren? Coming from Lexington if it matters