Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Apple co-founder Steve Jobs dies at age 56

A moment of respect.......

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Apple co-founder Steve Jobs dies at age 56

Single Handed pulled apple up by the BOOT STRAPS and made them relevant again.

I hope his death doesn't hurt their future.......

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

A moment of respect.......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    Single Handed pulled apple up by the BOOT STRAPS and made them relevant again.

I hope his death doesn't hurt their future.......

Later,

Geo
    It won't. Apple has a very astute CEO at the helm and he has been there since the beginning of Jobs' illness and has had plenty of training by the master, himself. Their marketing team is over the top and Apple will continue to flourish for many years to come. That corporation has a very strong leadership team.

Post Thanks / Like

Better watch it........fly might just smack you down..............respect.......

??

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    Better watch it........fly might just smack you down..............respect.......

??

Later,

Geo

Jobs is dead, he didn't leave a note telling me to walk slowly and sing a sad song.
    Why didn't you tell me when to pass out the Kleenex? lol

Fly would have had a stroke if he had been at my eldest brother's funeral. In life he was a happy man and enjoyed every day of it; a funny story or a good joke was what he liked most. We sang the songs that he sang at his concerts and some of them were hand clapping, toe tapping good stuff. None of those tear jerking, snot slinging, sad songs were permitted. We showed respect by reading his favorite scriptures and saying prayers; then we gave people in the congregation the opportunity to tell stories of their own about him. The undertaker was my brother's friend and told a story about the time my brother was to preach at his church. He arrived early, chose a quiet place in the corner and was looking at some notes. The pastor and undertaker kept hearing a bird chirping in the sanctuary and set out in search of it to get it out before worship started. When they finally found it they discovered it was my brother sitting there happily whistling away, oblivious to what was going on around him. We allocated an hour for people to talk and just say what they wanted to say about him. Most of them had us almost breaking our ribs from laughing so hard; we heard things that we, otherwise, would never have known. At the close of the funeral, we all stood and clapped our hands in honor of my brother as his coffin was taken from the church. I was in his attorney's office a couple of days later and he said, "Sweetheart don't take this the wrong way, but your brother's funeral was the best (if that can be said of a funeral) I have ever attended; it was actually enjoyable and uplifting. It was the first one I had ever been to that was a celebration of life instead of a lot of mourning."

Now you can pass the smelling salts to Fly.

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Leadership and vision deserve respect and success. He was a pioneer. I think he created a culture. I am thankful he was here, and shared with us all what he had to offer.

And I hope there's a common operating system in heaven, I'd hate to think I have to buy an I-phone to get in now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bassin_bug View Post
    Jobs is dead, he didn't leave a note telling me to walk slowly and sing a sad song.
    Why didn't you tell me when to pass out the Kleenex? lol

Fly would have had a stroke if he had been at my eldest brother's funeral. In life he was a happy man and enjoyed every day of it; a funny story or a good joke was what he liked most. We sang the songs that he sang at his concerts and some of them were hand clapping, toe tapping good stuff. None of those tear jerking, snot slinging, sad songs were permitted. We showed respect by reading his favorite scriptures and saying prayers; then we gave people in the congregation the opportunity to tell stories of their own about him. The undertaker was my brother's friend and told a story about the time my brother was to preach at his church. He arrived early, chose a quiet place in the corner and was looking at some notes. The pastor and undertaker kept hearing a bird chirping in the sanctuary and set out in search of it to get it out before worship started. When they finally found it they discovered it was my brother sitting there happily whistling away, oblivious to what was going on around him. We allocated an hour for people to talk and just say what they wanted to say about him. Most of them had us almost breaking our ribs from laughing so hard; we heard things that we, otherwise, would never have known. At the close of the funeral, we all stood and clapped our hands in honor of my brother as his coffin was taken from the church. I was in his attorney's office a couple of days later and he said, "Sweetheart don't take this the wrong way, but your brother's funeral was the best (if that can be said of a funeral) I have ever attended; it was actually enjoyable and uplifting. It was the first one I had ever been to that was a celebration of life instead of a lot of mourning."

Now you can pass the smelling salts to Fly.
    Good job on high jacking the thread. Good to hear your brother enjoyed life and family and friends celebrated. But, what's that got to do with showing some respect to Steve? PS, I did't receive a note either, just suggesting a moment in time as a measure of respect and by the way, you can keep the smelling salts, thinking I"ll be OK.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Apple co-founder Steve Jobs dies at age 56

Thank you! I did it all by myself.