Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cumberland Jumps

Heading down next week and wondering if anyone has any jump reports? Should be in the Jamestown area the 13th thru the 23rd. Hoping to get into them. Any help would be appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cumberland Jumps

From what I've heard, and experienced...you will be in the right spot, at the right time! Look early and late for the jumps around Jamestown, and have fun!

-Rich

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Might be in the area too. Depends on if my boss believes I'm sick or not.

We talking mainly over the main lake, or more so up along the flats.

Post Thanks / Like

Bob did you have a tough time locating the strippers at mcalpine...maybe you took the wrong pole

Post Thanks / Like

We will be focusing on the area between the mouth of Wolf and the mouth of Beaver. We have seen them in both areas in years past. It usually takes us a few days to pick up on a pattern so that we have a game plan. Since I will be down during the beginning of this trip I am trying to get a plan together ahead of time. If anyone has any info as far as schooling location areas, times of days etc.. It would be appreciated. I guess the first question is .....have the jumps started? If not I am sure we will be pulling planners. Thanks BG

Post Thanks / Like

we have found them in the backs of greasy and lilly creek. If you find the shad they will be around. We had more luck throwing smaller baits than the big striper baits.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rooster View Post
    we have found them in the backs of greasy and lilly creek. If you find the shad they will be around. We had more luck throwing smaller baits than the big striper baits.
    How was the size? Still catching a lot of short fish? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Are you seeing mostly morning and evening? I know sometimes on overcast days we may see sporadically all day.

Post Thanks / Like

we seen them in the evening. they were between 23 to 30 ". we caught 9 with 6 keepers. there were 3 of us in the boat crappie fishing til the jumps started.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rooster View Post
    we seen them in the evening. they were between 23 to 30 ". we caught 9 with 6 keepers. there were 3 of us in the boat crappie fishing til the jumps started.
    Thanks for the update. Sounds like the average size in the schools has improved. Just might have to fire up the big motor and see if I can catch a few. Thanks again for the report.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update. Just 2 more days and I will get to give it a try. I wish I was there today. The weather conditions seemed ideal. If anyone has any other updates i will be checking until Thursday morning. I will let everyone have my report once I return Sunday good or bad. Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

I wanted to report how we did over the weekend. Thursday and Friday we did have some success with the jumps on the flats across from the mouth of wolf and greasy creeks. We were using red fins and poppers. The conditions were right with overcast skies and spotty rain. That was a lot of fun. Then the wind and sun moved in. We did not see anymore jumps Saturday or Sunday. We did have some success casting poppers on the banks in the same flats area Saturday and Sunday. I am considering heading back down this weekend so if anyone has any new reports it would be much appreciated. Thanks to everyone who responded before.