Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Patoka Lake Report

I fished Patoka Lake Tue and Wed afternoon and caught a few crappie in 15 ft of water over brush piles. Fish were scattered and not bunched up.

Weather was nice for the animals. Saw lots of crows, deer, chipmunks, hawks, and sea gulls flying around.

Water surface temperatures were in the lower 70's.

We fished the main lake areas this time.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Patoka Lake Report

I fished a two day bass toury and had a good day and a bad day. What you said about seeing animals is right on. Good time to be outdoors. Eagles turkey deer geese and lots of little critters on the bank. Plus the woods are changing colors like crazy. All in all a good weekend. Had 0 keepers on Sat, but got my 5 sunday. Sqeezed out second place and made alil money. Man what a difference a day makes.

Post Thanks / Like

I was out on the lake Saturday and caught 7 bass, no keepers on plastic worms. Had a great time and the weather was fantastic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by augertail View Post
    I was out on the lake Saturday and caught 7 bass, no keepers on plastic worms. Had a great time and the weather was fantastic.
    We fished the lake Monday. Two 3'lbers the first hour on brush-hogs around laydowns...then went cold for awhile. Fished rip-raps when the sun went in with pop-R's...caught several undersized bass including a 10'' smallmouth...my first for Patoka.

Post Thanks / Like

Was on the lake yesterday and so was about 100 other folks. I guess a big tournament was on the water yesterday. It looked like the water has turned over and was in the mid to lower 60 for temp. Wind was brutal, caught a couple small ones. Not sure how the tournament went, I left before they did.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by augertail View Post
    Was on the lake yesterday and so was about 100 other folks. I guess a big tournament was on the water yesterday. It looked like the water has turned over and was in the mid to lower 60 for temp. Wind was brutal, caught a couple small ones. Not sure how the tournament went, I left before they did.
    Turnover already???? Not close on Monroe yet....the upper column temps are still in the low to mid 60's

Post Thanks / Like

i was in the tourney. water did look nice and blackish down by the ****. didnt see it anywhere else

Post Thanks / Like

I looked at the Corp of Engineers Report on Water temperature at Patoka Lake and the lake is fully turned over now in the area where they take the water temperatures and Dissolved Oxygen Readings.

Fish can move to the bottom now and still get plenty of dissolved oxygen. The temperature profile is steady from top to the bottom. It's turned over faster this year than the historical records. They graph shows the mean and one standard deviation from the mean values on the graph along with this years temperature as a straight line.