Search Fishin.com

Thread: Dream Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Dream Lake

Heading out tomorrow, anyone ever been down there? Just trying to get a general layout of the lake. I have looked at maps and tried to get the best idea I could. Anyone know the average depth? Is it more rocks or clay/mud banks? Thanks for any info!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dream Lake

If you're talking about the vacation lake in AL you're in for a treat. I know a guy who goes every year. I think its under 100 acres and he said if you know little about fishing you can go down there and catch a giant. He talked about some big fish, I think they had a 12 or 13lb fish there.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it's the lake in Alabama. Leaving here shortly. I'll take plenty of pics and post em when I get back. I guess the lake has a little bit of everything, standing timber, ledges, brushpiles, etc...

Post Thanks / Like

Just wondering how you did? Can we get any details? thx

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Dream Lake

5POUNDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Left Lexington sunday at 1pm, stopped in Gadsen Alabama and had the worst dining experience ever at Ruby Tuesdays. Arrived at Dream Lake lodge sunday night at 11pm. Unpacked everything and assembled my rods. Fished til 4am monday morning. There was word of a sasquatch sighting inside the lodge however I cannot confirm or deny this. Rumor is sasquatch wears black Hanes. Went to bed, back up at 6:30 monday morning and headed to lake 1. Started the morning on a buzzbait in the aerator pattern. Managed a few fish early then the bite shut down. Closer to lunch time John and I got on a poo pipe pattern. We caught 4 five pounders in 4 casts off the poo pipe. Probably caught 30 fish between the two of us monday before lunch. No monsters, but we were tired of catching 5 pounders. Back to the lodge for a spectacular lunch. Let me tell you, this place is awesome. Their hospitality is unmatched. Headed back to lake 1 after lunch and got on em pretty good with a rock pile pattern. Basically, troll around the lake, if you see a piece of rebar sticking out of the water, cast toward it. Again, no monsters, but more 5 pounders than you can shake a stick at. Fished til 7, back to the lodge for a great dinner. Than fished til 1:30 tuesday morning. Up again at 6:30 tuesday morning, fishing lake 2. I fished all day with Justin Poe from Gloomis. The man is a fountain of knowledge. We chatted about anything and everything. Fishing was a bit slower on day 2, but I still think we managed 20 or so fish between us. Biggest was, you guessed it, a 5 pounder on a shaky worm. Basically we caught fish both days just about any way you wanted to fish. Jigs, spinnerbaits, crankbaits, shaky worms, brush hogs, 10" worms etc... Left Alabama tuesday night at 6pm, drove through pouring rain and intense fog at times. Got in bed at 4:30 wednesday morning, back up at 7 and headed to work. All in all it was a great trip and I had a blast! I don't think anyone in our group had a bad time. Lots of laughs and memories with good friends. I plan on going again, but this time it'll be in the spring.

Post Thanks / Like

Thx for the report. Hope i get down there someday soon!