Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Any Otter Creek reports?

Anyone been there since the catch and release trout season started? If so, how was the trout fishing and what were they biting on (generally)? I was out there several times over the summer and never caught a trout. The bait fisherpeople were slaying them on a few occasions but I never caught one on the flyrod. I was hoping with the assumed drop in fishing pressure that the trout would start biting. Thinking about heading out there one afternoon soon to do some nymphing. Maybe try a glow bug / midge combo or the old reliable bh hares ear / pheasant tail combo.

Also, what is the best time to fish after a staocking? Same day? A day or two later?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any Otter Creek reports?

Myself, Deadrift and ColonelMeyer just spent Thursday through today (Sunday) camping, bowhunting and fly fishing. We found out on Thursday that the stream hasn't been stocked yet. It is scheduled to be stocked on Tuesday from what we were told.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    Myself, Deadrift and ColonelMeyer just spent Thursday through today (Sunday) camping, bowhunting and fly fishing. We found out on Thursday that the stream hasn't been stocked yet. It is scheduled to be stocked on Tuesday from what we were told.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    I saw on KDFWR's website that they are, in fact, scheduled to stock Otter Creek Park on Tuesday, Oct. 18. Assuming they do this, when would be the best time after stocking to fish? Should I try to make it out there the same day or is it best to give the fish some time to settle? Fortunately, I have a flexible week so I'm planning to get out there and enjoy the weather and try to catch a trout or two on the FR. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

The Park is closed on Monday and Tuesday so Wednesday is your first choice. I am thinking of going Wednesday for a few hours in the morning. If you would like to join me just let me know. I will send you a pm.

Post Thanks / Like

It was pretty disappointing to find out they hadn't stocked the creek yet. Field of screams wasn't too cool for the hunting either. Still had a good time camping and bull shitting anyway. Next time Otter Creek, next time...